The 2010 Kentucky Book Fair is scheduled for Saturday, November 13th at the Frankfort Convention Center in Frankfort, Ky. The event is free and is from 9:00am – 4:30pm.
Each year there are approximately 150 authors who showcase and sell their books. This has been credited for being the largest literary event in the state. It is sponsored by the The State Journal, Frankfort’s daily newspaper, and co-sponsored by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives and the University Press of Kentucky.
There have been over 5,000 patrons each year that has frequented the 28 annual events. The donations of the profits have been a huge help to the local schools and libraries throughout Kentucky. The average donation is $120,000 per year, a huge amount for the schools in the area.
The Book Fair is looking for the following to help make this year’s book fair a success:
- Author submissions from all genres- fictions, non fiction, graphic novels, cookbooks- anything of interest to the public
- Volunteers to help set up, clean up, and greeters
- Volunteer Committee members
The list of paranormal writers will be listed on the website by the end of the month.
For more information please visit the following
- Manager Connie A. Crowe at email@example.com
- Website- http://www.kybookfair.org/
- Facebook – http://tinyurl.com/y3epohb