The morning banana diet has been pegged as the easiest diet ever. Is it possible? Do we really have a diet that will allow us to eat anything we want and lose weight with no exercise? No promises, but here’s the down-low:
What You Can Eat
– Breakfast: A glass of room-temperature water, and as many bananas as you want.
– Lunch: Anything you want (I’d advise something healthy!).
– Afternoon Snack: You’re allowed an afternoon snack around 3pm, and it can even be something sweet.
– Dinner: Once again, anything you want, as long as you eat it before 8pm.
– No dairy products (no ice cream!)
– No alcohol
– No dessert after dinner
– The only beverage you may have with meals is room-temperature water.
– You have to be in bed before midnight.
– You can only eat until you’re around 80% full.
Why It Works
There are many different theories as to why the banana diet works, but here are some common ones:
– Bananas have resistant starch, which ferments in your large intestine, which stops some carbs from turning into fuel and makes you feel fuller.
– The room-temperature water has been said to aid in digestion or reduce hunger.
– Enzymes in the banana speed up digestion.
According to WebMD, the banana diet is ineffective – but I for one am quite gullible, and excited to test this one out.
“Banana Diet” everydiet.
Kathleen M. Zelman. “The Morning Banana Diet” WebMD.
“The Dole Banana Diet – How It Works” Dole.