If you’ve dreamed of a wedding in magical Ireland, or a tropical beach paradise in a far-reaching exotic country, you may have found that the expense of travel and the endless paperwork required makes your dream out of reach. Don’t despair, you can still have that ideal outdoor wedding. Here are some wonderful places that are much easier to afford.
1) Mendocino Coast– If your dream was a wedding in Ireland, take a look at the Mendocino Coast in California. The coastline is rugged, with beautiful beaches and an expanse of green hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Spring brings an abundance of wildflowers. Its the closest thing to Ireland I’ve seen. Its easy to find an officiant to perform the wedding at cliff side, in a meadow, or on the beach. If you have a little bit of money to spend, take a look at the Botanical Gardens between Fort Bragg and Mendocino. This is a spectacular place for any occasion. Wedding ceremonies are held on the bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the Dahlia Garden, an herb and vegetable garden with flowers that bloom all year as well as an apple orchard, and several other unique locations. After the wedding, spend time exploring the Redwood forest, the amazing beaches, or tasting wine at the many local wineries.
2) Snoqualmie Falls, Washington– If you like waterfalls, Snoqualmie Falls in the Pacific Northwest may be the perfect spot for you. A park-like setting with a deck overlooking the falls, makes for incredible wedding photographs. If you choose this location, plan your wedding from mid-July through mid-September for a better chance of sunny weather. There are many officiants that will perform your wedding at a fairly low cost. Try searching on-line for officiants in the Seattle area, such as http://www.aheavenlyceremony.com/ceremony-services-weddings.htm, or http://www.curtisrhodesweddings.com/Welcome.html. If you have a bit more money to spend, have your ceremony held on the Hidden Terrace next to the Snoqualmie River at the luxurious Salish Lodge atop Snoqualmie Falls.
3) Pacific Grove/Monterey, California– The weather is a bit warmer in this stunning Central California coast area. Hold your wedding ceremony in the afternoon, or at sunset after the fog clears. The stunning scenery and dramatic coastline was an inspiration for writers, such as John Steinbeck, and is a haven for writers and artists. Get married with the sounds of the crashing waves at your back, sea otters munching on sea urchins as the float by, and the playful barking of sea lions heard in the distance. From small intimate ceremonies to the more elaborate, its easy to find a good wedding officiant in the area. Search on Monterey Pacific Grove weddings, and you’ll be sure to find one perfect for you.
4) Rocky Mountains, Colorado– If a wedding in the mountains is what you dream of, there are many amazing locations to choose from in Colorado. The Estes Park area, just outside Rocky Mountain National Park, provides some of the most picturesque and dramatic mountain scenery in the United States. A listing of various types of weddings and officiants can be found here: http://www.estesparkweddings.com/ceremony.php.
5) The Florida Keys– The Florida Keys might be the place for you, if you love warm water and tropical locations but need to be closer to home. From intimate weddings on the beach to private island resorts, there are options for every budget. The very adventurous, or those who love snorkeling, might even choose an underwater wedding! http://www.nileguide.com/destination/blog/florida-keys/tag/underwater-weddings/
No matter how small your budget is, you can still have your memorable and romantic wedding!