If you are in the market for a new coat or jacket then look no further, I found one of the coolest cold weather finds yet. It’s classic clothing article with a twist. Ask any cold dwelling person, or outdoor enthusiast, what the warmest, long lasting coat is and many will say “The North Face”. They come in all colors, sizes and styles, but the Denali is one of their most popular styles. Recently while shopping online I found a newer version of The North Face Denali jacket. This one newer and better than the last is made out of recycled materials.
The North Face Denali Recycled Jacket is one that other manufactures should take notice of and incorporate their innovative design methods into other forms of clothing. It features a hood which other versions of the Denali jacket by The North Face do not. Making it perfect for windy or snowy climates. Versions are also available without the hood. The Recycled Denali Jacket comes in solid colors or two tone combinations much like their other Denali jackets. The feature nylon waterproof chest panels, and zip pockets, and air vents in the arm pits. Also you can cinch the jacket around the waste with a draw string. You can even use it as a base for other The North Face coats. Whats great is that it is available in mens, womens, and childrens sizes for the entire family.
But what exactly is the recycled Denali jacket made from? Being 100% recycled means all parts were once something else. 90% of the jackets fabric comes from post industrial waste. What this means is that The North Face uses scraps of fleece and other fabrics that would otherwise be thrown away and makes it into the jacket. The other 10% comes from post consumer waste. Waste that people like you and I throw away. Anything from plastic soda bottles to children’s toys can be melted and spun into fibers that can be made into clothing, bags, and other fabric based objects.
These Recycled Denali Jackets are really made to face the test of time. I have had mine for seven years so far and its still as warm as the first day I got it. The recycled version will be a nice addition to mix up the color in my wardrobe. They are very easy to take care of and can be machine washed and tumbled dry on low. Although they can be a bit pricey, around $179 on Zappos.com, the long time use you will get out of it make it a bargain. So stay warm while doing something good for the environment.