Magda Gabor (1914-1997)
Magda Gabor, the oldest of the three sisters, was not as active in Hollywood as Zsa Zsa and Eva were. She did not, however, hesitate to compete with her sisters on the marriage game. Magda never had any children despite being married a total of six times.
1. (1937-1946) Her first marriage was to Jan de Bichovsky, a Polish RAF pilot. Their marriage ended in divorce.
2. (1946-1947) Shortly after her divorce from de Bichovsky, Magda married a man named William Rankin. They stayed together for one year and then divorced.
3. (1947-1950) Her next marriage, to a man named Sidney R. Warren, lasted slightly longer but also ended in divorce.
4. (1956-1957) Magda’s marriage to Tony Gallucci was unique in that it ended because of the latter’s death. There is no knowing how long it would have lasted if he hadn’t died.
5. (1970-1971) Magda’s marriage to actor George Sanders was, by far, her shortest. The two were together for a mere six weeks before they divorced. Sanders had previously been married to Zsa Zsa Gabor.
6. (1972-1973) Magda Gabor’s final marriage was to a man named Tibor Heltai. This sixth and final marriage also ended in divorce.
Zsa Zsa Gabor (1917- )
Zsa Zsa Gabor is the most famous of the three sisters. She is remembered for her numerous film appearances and, more recently, for her legal, financial, and heath difficulties. Zsa Zsa Gabor has been married a total of nine times.
1. (1937-1941) Her first marriage was to Turkish intellectual Berhan Asaf Belge. This marriage ended in divorce.
2. (1942-1947) Zsa Zsa’s second marriage was to American hotel bigwig Conrad Hilton. This marriage also ended in divorce.
3. (1949-1954) Zsa Zsa had slightly better luck with George Sanders than her sister did. Although their marriage also ended in divorce, they at least stayed together for five years.
4. (1962-1966) Her fourth marriage was to presidential advisor Herbert Hutner. Needless to say, they also divorced.
5. (1966-1967) Zsa Zsa’s marriage to Joshua S. Cosden lasted for 17 months before the couple divorced.
6. (1975-1976) Her marriage to designer Jack Ryan lasted the same length of time and also ended in divorce.
7. (1976-1982) Her marriage to attorney Michael O’Hara lasted slightly longer but also ended in divorce.
8. (April 13-14, 1983) Zsa Zsa’ marriage to actor Felipe de Alba lasted for only one day and then was annulled.
9. (1986-present) Zsa Zsa Gabor’s ninth marriage has lasted the longest. She is currently still married to Frederic Prinz Anhalt.
Eva Gabor (1919-1995)
Eva Gabor is remembered for her role in the TV series Green Acres and for her many film appearances including the singularly appropriate role of divorcee Lorraine Quarl in The Last Time I Saw Paris. Eva married a total of five times.
1. (1939-1942) Her first marriage took place when she was 20 years old. It lasted for three years and then she divorced husband Dr. Erich Drimmer.
2. (1943-1949) She then married a man named Charles Isaacs and divorced him six years later.
3. (1956-1957) After giving marriage a rest for seven years, Eva tallied up divorce number three when she separated from her husband Dr. John Williams.
4. (1959-1972) Eva’s longest marriage was to a man named Richard Brown. Their marriage lasted for 13 years before ending in divorce.
5. (1973-1983) Eva Gabor’s final marriage was to Frank Jameson. This fifth marriage ended with her fifth and final divorce.