My wife and I have been married for 16 years this past May. Not very long, compared to many, but it is both of our third marriages. How does that go; “three strikes and your out” or is it “three’s a charm?” In our case it is indeed “three’s a charm.” I wish we would have met forever and ago but we have what we have and we have it now.
Man is made for the woman and woman for the man. We are intended to serve and “make happy” one another. Not being a wife, I think I can talk to, how to be the perfect wife. To be a perfect wife, one must please her perfect husband. What else could possibly be involved in being a perfect wife? Of course, what it takes to be the perfect wife for me will be different than for the next guy. My top ten “What it takes to be the perfect wife” goes something like;
10) UNDERSTANDING: Come on, I’m just a man; I have many flaws. I won’t grow up; we just don’t do that. I’m not asking you to let me do anything stupid or to allow me to continue being a kid, I just want a little slack when I do things like, get caught up in the Internet hype and spend $40 on a porn site subscription before I know what hit me. I didn’t want to, it’s just that my mind wasn’t clear. I can’t think when I get like that. Make me fix it, but just give me a break and keep loving me.
9) DEPENDENT: I like to think I am the cave man and you are the cave woman. Let me provide, let me hunt and kill and feed. It’s not a really big thing. In fact if you argued about it, I’d give in and wouldn’t say anything about you getting a job. But I would love it if you would just let me go make the check, give it to you and you give me an allowance. I want my wife to depend on me but I want her to have the control of what she depends on me for. Like I said, I’m just a man; I have many flaws. Don’t give me a lot of money to control and expect solid results.
8) ATTENTIVE: Make me a sandwich, unannounced, every now and then. If I’m working hard, getting all sweaty and hot, bring me an ice water. That’s all, the little things. Bring me up a midnight snack even though I don’t want one. Clip my toenails when I don’t even ask you to. Make me dinner once in a while. I’ll take you out to dinner as often as I can, but eating in is great sometimes too. Pack my lunch for the next day every now and then, without even telling me. Brag me up to your friends and family even though I am still just a man.
7) OBSERVANT: Keep an eye on me. I repeat, I am just a man. Keep me in line. Listen to me. Make sure I don’t speak us into the poor house. Don’t let me write a check our butts can’t cash. Sense my needs and remember to attend to them. I’ll be noisy enough about making them known, I’m sure (it’s that “just a man” thing again.) Just keep an eye on me and keep me out of trouble. It’ll help keep us both out of trouble.
6) FEMININE: Be pretty for me. Smell nice and feel nice. Speak softly and quietly. Be clean and dress nicely. Wear your make-up and jewelry and strut your stuff. I’m not asking for glamour, just womanhood. I want to know I married a real lady. I’ll do my best to stay clean for you.
5) LOVING: Come over to me and wrap your arms around me from the back and whisper in my ear anything you want, just do it. Touch me in public. Not that way, just lay your hand on my leg, brush your shoulder up against mine. Hold my hand; let people know who I belong to. Don’t act like you are ashamed of me. Go so far as being clingy. I like it; I want to feel your love coming right through you.
4) RESPONSIVE: When I feel frisky, when I touch or whisper, please just respond positively. If you can’t be positive, don’t be negative. Decline nicely, don’t act frustrated with me. I’m only exercising my “just a man” genes once again. Sense my needs and help me fantasize my reality and realize my fantasy. I will be sure to respond in kind to your slightest signal. All you have to do with us guys is tell us what you want, we will respond, that we can do.
3) POSSESSIVE: YES, own me; possess me. I do belong to you and you belong to me. Now, act like it! I am your possession. It says in the Bible:
“The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife” 1 Corinthians 7:4
This means we each own and control one another. Too many couples allow this arrangement to lean too far to one side. When equalized it works very good. I want to belong, I want to be owned and I want to own. Possess me!
2) JEALOUS: Please be jealous with me. The dictionary tells us that Jealous means;
“Intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness. Vigilant in guarding a possession.”
I want my wife to be intolerant of me being unfaithful. There are many snares and traps in today’s ever growing world. I need all the help I can get to stay out of trouble. Don’t even say “But I trust him.” Trust has absolutely nothing to do with it. I am talking about the powers of the predator. Just show me you care by standing up to anyone who dares approach me. Don’t tolerate anyone trying to be your rival. Let them know I am your possession. Please, guard your possession.
And the number one “What it takes to be the perfect wife?”
1) TOGETHER: Stay with me. Don’t leave me at a party to go hang out with the other ladies. Don’t go out at night for a night with the gals. We don’t need the time apart; we need the time together. Come with me to the store to pick up a gallon of milk. Ride with me to go get a haircut. Take Sunday rides with me, go to church with me, go to the movies, go out for a burger. Just stay with me, spend your time with me. I will certainly want to be with you. We got married because we wanted to be with one another. Now let’s be with one another.
There you go, that’s all it takes to be the perfect wife. How do I know? What makes me think I can sit here and tell you what it takes? Because, I have every bit of that and I have the perfect wife. I give back every bit of that as well. It would be difficult to give any of it, if you didn’t get it back. That’s why the “Responsive” one is so important. I am simply elated I was actually able to find the perfect wife before my time on this world was spent. I have the perfect wife and she has her perfect husband. We are the perfect couple. Search hard, you will find yours.