Safety is the top priority of every individual when buying a car, purchasing the newest technologies, and just about any other thing they can imagine. In most cases there isn’t someone sitting right next to you telling you what is the safest thing for you or your family. That is precisely the case when it comes to purchasing the safest car you can find. Here are five of the top rated cars in safety this year as reported on edmunds.com.
1. 2010 Buick Lacrosse- for large cars the Lacrosse ranks number one in safety. The Lacrosse of 2010 comes with all the latest safety features and the 2011 is slated to come with even more safety features. The spacious interior makes for a comfortable ride and the stylish exterior makes safety a no brainer. It fared well on crash test ratings.
2. 2010 Audi A3- for midsize cars the Audi A3 ranks highest in safety. Generally when you downsize cars you sacrifice safety but this is not the case with this vehicle. It comes with all the latest safety features that make the brand one of the best when it comes to safety and modernity. It faired above average on crash test ratings.
3. 2010 Honda Civic- for small cars it is the 2010 Honda civic that takes the title of safest. As with all Hondas safety is one of the top priorities. This car comes with all the safety features that have made Honda one of the foremost names in safety since the brands inception. It performed above average on crash test ratings.
4. 2010 Audi Q5- this is the pick for safest midsize SUV and rightly takes that place. It comes with the works when it comes to safety with the latest features that make Audi a predominant leader in safety. It fared above average on crash test ratings.
5. 2010 Honda Element- for small SUVs this is the pick. It comes with all the latest safety features and marks high on safety ratings. With standard side air bag options selected, the Honda Element fared above average on crash test ratings.
These cars were all chosen by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and were put through rigorous testing to prove that they were in fact safe. These cars are among the dozens that were chosen and represent the different types of vehicles on the market today. As always it is most important that you choose the vehicle that is the best for you and your situation and often research is needed before you make any major decisions. All the cars selected for the 2010 safest list can be found on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website.