When Charlaine Harris began writing the Sookie Stackhouse series in 2001 she never dreamed that they would be as big of a hit as it is nor be made into a hit HBO television series.
But, Charlaine’s world of vampires, witches, fairies, werewolves, and shapeshifters have entered the homes of millions of people either through the books or the television show.
The fans have been heard and Charlaine has decided to print an Official Sookie Stackhouse Companion. The information is centered on the world of Sookie as it is in her novels. She has also added a novella to it and asked Alan Ball to do an interview.
Here are a few things that have been promised to the fans:
* Tour Bon Temps, the small Louisiana town that Sookie calls home, and visit the houses of her Gran and her sometime vampire lover, Bill
* Prowl around the werewolf and were-panther communities
* Browse through her best friend Tara’s dress shop
* Belly up to the bar in Merlotte’s, where Sookie works
* Get must-have Bon Temps recipes-including Caroline Bellfleur’s famous chocolate cheesecake
* Test themselves with trivia questions from the series
While at the local Truebie event several people were excited about this. Mary asked, ” I wonder if the companion will show the differences between the books and the show?”
I haven’t heard anything about that. I am assuming that it will stick more to the books because that has what she has always said she would do is to stay true to her books.
It is due to be released in February 2011 but is available for pre order to Lexington fans on Amazon.com and at the Hamburg Barnes and Noble stores. So how many of you are pre ordering the book? I know I am.