Its not always easy purchasing a gift, even if its for someone close, like your husband. Of course, you always want to give him something personal that means you’ve given it some thought. To make it easier for you, I’ve asked several husbands what the worst gift is that they’ve ever received from their wives. Here are the top ten worst gifts for your husband:
1. The obvious. This includes ties (how many men have to wear a tie to work everyday?), socks, and cuff links.
Even if you are buying that special polka-dot silk tie, or 18 karat gold cuff links, don’t do it. They don’t want
them. I can guarantee you that it will sit in the drawer.
2. Cheap cologne. Many men do like to wear cologne, and if they have a favorite, that’s great. If not, and you
purchase cheap cologne just to fill their stocking (for example), it will never be used.
3. A gift basket filled with soaps, bath gel, bubbles, etc. Men do not want these! Even if the soap is supposed to be
for men. I know how nice they look, but don’t do it.
4. Materials for a project that you want done. You would think that wives would realize that this is not a gift for
their husband, this is really for themselves, but this happens time and time again. One husband actually received
a new showerhead and faucet that his wife had wanted for a long time. Then she wanted him to install it. He
was especially thrilled with that one!
5. Tickets for the opera, ballet, or your favorite band (that he doesn’t really care about). Again, should be obvious,
but somehow wives can convince themselves that he would really enjoy this and appreciate the opportunity to
expand their interests. Nope, they don’t.
6. Gloves. He probably has several pairs of gloves, and if he really needs them he will buy them for himself.
7. Candy. Many men do not like sweets. If you know he really does, great. The majority do not like it, and
when they receive candy as it gift, either their children or wife end up eating it. Not so much of a gift for him.
8. Jewelry. More men do wear jewelry nowadays; however, if he does wear jewelry he is probably very specific
about what he likes. The majority of men do not wish to receive jewelry as a gift.
9. Sweaters. Especially holiday sweaters. This goes without saying, but men seem to receive those holiday
sweaters with fornicating reindeers or something similar, way too often! They usually end up at the thrift store.
10.A framed picture of yourself. If he really wants a picture of you for his desk, he will ask. Otherwise, this gift is a
bit egotistical. Unless it is a nude picture, or one in skimpy lingerie. That he will appreciate.