In what is sure to be a major embarrassment for Bill Clinton, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair wrote in his new book that Bill Clinton has an “inordinate curiosity” with people such that he easily forms friendships with men, and with women this curiosity can have a “potentially sexual element.” It should be noted that Tony Blair is a progressive or liberal type politician and considered his political philosophy to be closest to that of Bill Clinton than that of any other modern US president.
So why did Mr. Blair put this in his book? Americans have long suspected that their 42nd president has had trouble establishing the normal boundaries between himself and others. Ten signs that Bill Clinton bonds with people like no other president in recent history are listed below.
1. While President Clinton often said that he could feel the pain of others, a woman he met in Arkansas claimed that whenever she got a cold the president would send her a get well card, apparently without even knowing that she was ill. Former aides confirm that the president has an almost ESP like sense for the discomfort of people he has met.
2. Bill Clinton’s mailman has said in past interviews that the former president will give him a hug, “out of the blue”, for no apparent reason.
3. Chelsea Clinton has for years kept her friends away from her father as he will, frequently, get involved in the minutia of their personal lives and may occasionally ask them out on dates even though most of them have boyfriends and are several decades his junior.
4. Bill Clinton’s former Secret Service agents often complained that the president would spend hours meeting with crowds, shaking hands and kissing babies, and would often go off to the movies with random collections of “friends” that he would meet at such gatherings.
5. Hillary Clinton said that she knew that Bill would cheat on her because he told her that their marriage would have to be, “flexible enough for him to be able to physically comfort other women in need.”
6. Several former classmates of Bill Clinton have said that when he was an undergraduate student at Georgetown University he would often recommend that he and his friends give each other group hugs to build morale. And that frequently several of his friends had to explain to him the concept of “personal space” which he never seemed to grasp.
7. As president, Bill Clinton would often spend an hour each day watching “Oprah” with a female White House intern on the couch in the Oval Office. He would often cry and hug the intern at the end of the show, and it is rumored that this is how his affair with Monica Lewinsky got started.
8. His affection for living beings also extends to animals. Once his helicopter was landing on the White House lawn when a wheel injure a red squirrel’s tail. Bill Clinton took the squirrel inside and, with the use of the White House veteranarian, and eye droppers filled with honey, he nursed the squirrel back to good health.
9. On Valentine’s Day each year, Bill usually gives around 40 to 50 people Valentine’s Day cards. Although his wife still allows this, Hillary asked that he no longer deliver the cards in person, a task which could take him weeks to complete.
10. Bill Clinton’s friends know not to sit directly next to him when watching a movie at the theaters, as he often jabs, hugs and even cries on the shoulder of people he sits next to.
For the top 10 political disasters which could sink Gov. Jan Brewer’s reelection bid click here.