It recently made the news that former Alaskan Govenor Sarah Palin will be traveling to Iowa for a GOP fundraiser and an annual tribute to Ronald Reagan. Because the Iowa primary for the 2012 presidential race is “only” 18 months away, some political pundits believe that Palin is setting the stage for a run for the White House. Despite being widely mocked in the media, there are signs that Palin may throw her hat in the ring. Ten pieces of evidence are listed below.
1. Her husband Todd Palin has asked that people start calling him the “First Dude” again.
2. A top secret Palin Presidential campaign office has been setup in the basement of the her house in Wasilla, and it contains a gigantic map of the United States with voting districts that might vote for Palin highlighted in red.
3. Sarah Palin has read an un-precedented two books over the last year, written by fellow conservatives, in order to prepare for possible presidential debates.
4. When Bristol Palin makes an appearance on Dancing with the Stars, she is expected to have a Palin ’12 bymper sticker attached to the back of her dress.
5. Chuck Norris has supposedly interviewed in secret for the position of Palin’s vice presidential runnign mate. Palin has long said that her running mate would be a man or woman who she would want at her side in a fist fight with a bear. Apparently Chuck Norris qualifies.
6. Palin has begun live practice for presidential debates by hosting episodes of Seasame Street and having intellectual discussions with Oscar the Grouch about the letter “P”.
7. Palin routinely fights mother grizzlies each year in Wasilla Alaska as part of the annual fall celebration of Alaska’s physical and cultural isolation from the continental United States. However, this year she has planned to have the cameras rolling when she wrestles an “ornery old Mamma Grizzly” to the ground to build her legend as a tough frontierwoman who can handle anything.
8. She plans to visit Russia as part of a Goodwill Tour, and in order to discover how “Obama style communism” went wrong.
9. Sarah Palin recently commented at a coffee shop in Iowa that if she is elected president, the first thing she would do would be to take the president’s helicopter, Marine One, up to Camp David to do some aerial wolf hunting.
10. An anonymous person, believed to be Sarah Palin’s husband, called the White House swtichboard and asked if there was room in the garage for a snow mobile.
For the top ten reasons why President Obama sent National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border click here.