(1) Best Atmosphere – Jellyrolls at Disney’s Boardwalk. Jellyrolls is a dueling piano bar that has become a major favorite for people visiting Walt Disney World. Not surprisingly, that means that it’s unlikely you’ll ever be able to visit Jellyrolls when it isn’t crowded. That being said, the piano players are a lot of fun and once you’re in and sitting at a table, you can hang out for as long as you want, enjoying the music. The prices are a little steep, but that’s to be expected if you’re drinking at Walt Disney World.
(2) Best Fun Drinks – Tambu Lounge at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. The Tambu Lounge is a very popular spot for drinks, partially because of its location and partially because of its menu. The Tambu Lounge is located in the lobby of Disney’s Polynesian Resort and therefore it’s a popular spot for people who are hanging around waiting to get into one of the Polynesian’s popular restaurants. The fun menu makes Tambu Lounge a destination in itself however, since the drinks are large, tropical, and brightly colored. You can even get one served to you in a pineapple that’s been hollowed out, or another that’s garnished with a bamboo backscratcher. If you’re looking for a fun location that will leave you with stories to tell the folks back home, Tambu Lounge is a good choice.
(3) Best for Strolling Around – La Cava del Tequila at Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion. You can purchase an alcoholic beverage at each of the country pavilions in Epcot’s World Showcase. In fact, some travelers make a game of “drinking around the world” by trying to make it to each country for something to drink. If you’re just looking for something to sip while you stroll around the pavilions, however, you’re in look as soon as you come into the World Showcase from Future World. The Mexico pavilion is the first country on your left and home to La Cava del Tequila. You can get a flight of tequila, but most people opt for their yummy frozen margaritas, which can be the perfect way to wind down after a hot day in the parks. You can take drinks into most of the areas in the World Showcase, so feel free to sip and stroll at your leisure.
(4) Best for Taking a Break – Dawa Bar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The Dawa Bar at Animal Kingdom is easy to miss, especially when the park is crowded with people rushing around from attraction to attraction. The bar is located in Africa, right between the river and the Tusker House restaurant. Since it’s a bit out of the way, it’s one of the least crowded spots in the whole park, which makes it a nice place to sit and grab a beer if you need a break from the action. The staff is very helpful and the selection of African beers is extensive, so you’ll still feel like you’re participating in a tourist moment (just without the sore feet and blazing sun).
(5) Best for Upscale Gatherings – Jiko at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Jiko is actually a restaurant, not a bar, but if you’re looking for a place to grab a drink with a small group, this one is a winner. Jiko’s atmosphere is impressive while still being comfortable and they have a nice selection of African wines and other beverages (along with their delicious cuisine). Although it’s a lovely place, it’s location keeps most of the park-going crowds away, so it’s usually not too crowded, which is nice when you’re gathering with friends to chat and relax. If you want to ensure that you’ll get a table, you can make a reservation in advance, but this isn’t always necessary.