San Diego, California is home to plenty of malls but how do you know which one to go to? Do you want to go to a mall that everything you’re looking for when it comes down to shopping? Well, you might just find it in one of these malls! Here are my reviews on the top shopping malls located within the San Diego, California County.
1. The Fashion Valley Mall: This is located in Central San Diego, minutes away from the popular freeways including highway 8 and 163. Many people shop at the Fashion Valley Mall for the designer brand stores and to keep up to date with the latest and popular fashions. They host the only Barney’s New York store in San Diego. They have the fashionable stores including Bloomingdales and Betsey Johnson. Another featured store is the stationery and paper store, Papyrus. Fashion Valley is also home to other designer stores like Gucci and Henri Bendel. This is outside mall with plenty of stores to choose from. Parking can be outside in front of the stores or inside the parking structures.
2. The Horton Plaza Mall: This is located in the heart of Downtown San Diego. This mall is popular amongst tourists. A lot of people are especially attracted to this mall during the holiday season because they feature a huge outdoor skating rink. The mall is always beautifully decorated. During the holidays, you can see Christmas trees as tall as store windows with colorful decorations to match. You can park in their parking structures that go up to 8 levels! Parking is free with validation or you can pay by the hour if you don’t purchase anything in the mall. This mall features a 24 Hour Fitness for those who want to work out before they shop! Their main department stores include Nordstrom and Macy’s. They even have 2 convenient Starbucks location on board.
3. The Otay Ranch Mall: This is located in Chula Vista, California. This mall is extremely kid friendly. Near the food courts are the jumping water fountains that allows your children to play in the water on hot summer days. There are a bunch of places to sit down and most benches have chalk where your children can write or draw. The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is favorite store for a majority of shoppers. You can come in and grab a famous strawberry dipped chocolate or caramel apple. Macy’s is their only department store but that doesn’t stop them from having other specialty stores including Anthropologie and H&M. The best factor about this mall is that it’s dog friendly. Yes, you heard it.. Dog friendly! You can conveniently shop with your loving dogs as long as they’re on leashes. Most stores don’t allow dogs inside unless you carry them. This is for sanitary purposes. If stores see you have a pet, they’re most likely going to give them a special treat. There are water fountains for dogs conveniently located in different parts of the mall. There are some dog parks too where you can run around with your dog in a grassy and secured area. Who wouldn’t want to shop and play with your dog?
4. The Parkway Plaza Mall: This is located in El Cajon, California. This inside mall is perfect for a rainy or gloomy day outside. They conveniently have a Wal-Mart store attached to the mall that features groceries and a huge selection of food. Their main department stores are Macy’s, JCPenney and Sears. Unlike most malls, Parkway Plaza Mall offers Bikram Yoga located in their East Village side of the mall. This mall has the most kiosks out of all of the malls. You can conveniently shop for items like hair straighteners, nail care and even Godiva chocolates.
5. The Plaza Bonita Mall: This is located near National City, California. This mall is amongst one of the most popular because of its extreme convenience. It’s a whopping three stories and includes a Target that features a grocery section. If you want to read or study, they have a Borders Bookstore. There are many eateries to choose from including a rare Jollibee eatery that is based from the Philippines. Their main department stores are Macys and JCPenney. What sets the Plaza Bonita Mall apart from the rest of the malls is John’s Incredible Pizza. John’s Incredible Pizza is the adult version of Chuck E. Cheese that even hosts its own pizza buffet.
All 5 of these malls include movie theaters including AMC Theaters and Edwards Cinema Theaters!
After reading my list of top shopping malls, hopefully this will help you the next time you decide on which shopping mall to go to!