Does your team want to make money selling T-shirts? Here are some tips on having a successful T-shirt fundraiser
1. Who to make the shirts – Find someone to who will give you a good deal, who are reputable, and who might waive the screen fee. Just make sure you take the time to go around to different T-shirt places and try to get a tax id from the school so that you can get the shirts cheaper.
2. Consider making them yourself -If your group is considering selling shirts as a fundraiser for years to come, you might want to make them yourself. Look into an inexpensive screen press if you have the time and funds to get it.
3. Who are you selling and make a design that they will like -Really think about who is going to be your customer and who you are selling to when thinking of the design. If you are considering selling shirts to the student body, then try to design something that they might like.
4. Less print colors the better -When also designing the shirt make sure you use as little colors as possible. The more colors you have will increase the price per shirt, which could really hurt your profit margin. Make sure the design works for all the different color of T-shirts that you decide to choose so that another screen does not have to be made.
5. White shirts if at all possible -White shirts cost less than color shirts. Try to use the white if at all possible, but you can offer another color for variety.
6. Price it right -Don’t price them too high where many will not buy, and don’t price it too low so your profit is minimal. Get all of your costs beforehand and be aware of any fees that the t-shirt company might sneak in there.
7. Marketing -Market by making flyers and see if they can be sent home with all of the students. Once parents get a hold of this, your team will surely make a lot of money. Make sure to set a deadline so that you get the final orders in prompt.
8. Order together – Try to get all of your orders in right away. Even the t-shirt company will want to do them all at once because they need to set up the screens. Each time you have to make additional orders will cause your team to occur extra fees.
9. Offer more than T-shirts – Offer long-sleeve, sweatshirts, sweat pants, and more for more orders.
10. Give Discounts for bulk orders -Set up discounts for bulk orders which will encourage more sales.