With all the upcoming holiday parties and gatherings, we all will want to look our best. Luckily, we can do this without spending a lot of time primping. We just need to make a few changes to our beauty routine.
1. Switch your eyeliner color. Did you know if you switch from your ordinary brown or black eyeliner to a plum or sapphire color you can actually brighten up the color of your eyes? This is great for those of us who aren’t getting enough rest this holiday season.
2. Skip the shimmery powder overtop your makeup. It can actually make us appear older when applied to our face. Instead, switch to a shimmery cream and apply it underneath your blush.
3. Make even your ordinary hairstyle take on a bit more style, by adding a fancier clip or comb than you would usually wear.
4. Treat yourself to a nice manicure. If you don’t want to wear a bright festive nail polish color, opt for a nude nail color for a classic stylish look.
5. Want your lips to look fuller and poutier? Why not apply a thin coat of gloss all over them. Yes, a dab in the middle of your lip will work. But if you are going to a party, you may want to apply the gloss all over your lips, since this works, too.
6. Do wear a lipstick to brighten up your entire look. If you don’t like the holiday red look, consider a neutral lip shade.
7. Do take the time to wear some mascara. This is the perfect way to get those full and lengthen lashes you always wanted.
8. Finally, spritz some of your favorite perfume or cologne on your pulse points. Once you smell like a million bucks, you may even feel like a million bucks.
Yes, it can be fun dressing up for a party or gathering. You don’t have to be rich to enjoy yourself. You don’t have to look like a movie star or beauty queen. All you need is a handful of friends and family, a bit of makeup and a smile on your face to have a good time.