Daisy Girl Scout meetings are a wonderful introduction to the life of Girl Scouting.
1. Allow the girls to color or dance with their friends until all the girls arrive or the meeting is ready to get started.
2. Start the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance. The girls should take turns holding the flag.
3. Then recite the girl scout promise and the girl scout law.
4. Get started on the project for the day. Relate it to the holiday season or the badge they will earn.
5. Read a story, sing a song, or recite a poem that will relate to the badge or petal the Daisy Girl Scouts are earning this week.
6. Apply the theme of the badge to an event that will allow the girls to earn their Daisy Petal or other Girl Scout badge.
7. End the meeting with the “Girl Scout Friendship Circle”. Have the girls sit in a circle, right hand over left, they should hold each others hand. One girl will tell her favorite part of the meeting. When she’s done, she will squeeze the hand of the girl next to her and the next girl will do the same until all of the girls have had a chance to tell their favorite part of the day in the Girl Scout Friendship Circle.
Some troops will have snacks and beverages at their meetings. Not all troops will do this since it takes time. Decide if your Daisy troop should have snack or not based on timing and the opinion of the parents. If the meeting is immediately following school, the girls may be very hungry and a snack should be given. Be sure to keep any foods that the girls may be allergic to out of the room to avoid any potential life threatening allergic reactions.
Not all Daisy troops focus on getting a daisy petal badge at every meeting. Do what you think works best for your particular troop. You may prefer to work on other types of girl scout badges during your meetings but the goal is eventually to earn all of the Daisy petals.
Send letters and badges home with the girls in envelopes so that they are not lost. The Daisy Petal badges and other badges are very small and may easily get lost on the way home.