Does your team want to make a little extra money during the holidays? Then try a gift wrapping fundraising. Here are some tips to running a successful gift wrapping fundraiser.
1. Find space – The first and most important thing that you need to do is find the right space to gift wrap. Check multiple locations to see if it’s free (or a decent price) and if there’s a lot of shopping traffic. The perfect type of traffic would be those customers who have just purchased gifts and they have them in their possession. This will make for an instant transaction. So places like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, or a local mall are great locations for maximum profit.
2. Have wrapping paper donated– Try to have all of your materials donated for the fundraiser. You can have members of the group donated a roll and go to local businesses and ask for donations as well. You are going to need important items like tape, scissors, wrapping paper, tags, ribbons, and bows. Do whatever you can from the start to alleviate the start up cost of the fundraiser.
3. Get volunteers-Try to get additional volunteers to help with demand and to keep your gift wrapping location open for as long as possible.
4. Have stable hours– Have Regular hours so that if anyone is interested, they could come back and bring their gifts.
5. Offer additional services– Over additional services like balloons, or a special ribbon, or gift bags, or delivery, or candy for an addition opportunity to make more money for your fundraiser.
6. Offer discounts– Supply discounts for multiple presents. It will bring in more business and revenue to your fundraiser.
7. Send out flyers-Have your team members go door to door and place flyers in the mailboxes of neighbor hoods or just have them hand out flyers in the nearby location as a good marketing tool for your fundraiser.
8. Work with stores-Work with stores to help push more people to your fundraiser. You can make special deals for their customers and they can send them your way and/or just allowing your group to place your fundraising information is easy marketing.
9. Notify friends and family-Notify your friend and/or family about the fundraiser. You can call them up or contact them via online social networking.
10. Market to groups-Try to notify and market to groups such as businesses to offer discounts or a night of wrapping at their location. It’s just another opportunity for addition profits.