Are you having a difficult time staying awake? Do you need help? Here are some tips to help you stay awake.
1. Get plenty of sleep prior – If you can, then get plenty of sleep prior. 8 hours are good, but too much sleep and too little will make it more difficult.
2. Caffeine – Caffeine of course will help you stay away. But if you take it all the time or too soon during the day then the effectiveness will wear off. Try only taking caffeine towards the 2nd part of the day, or on the days that you need it most.
3. Moderate the temperature – Cold temperature around you will help keep you awake. When it’s warm your body gets more relaxed making it more difficult to stay awake.
4. Sense of smell – Smells of Rosemary, Peppermint, and coffee beans make people more alert.
5. Keep yourself busy – Keep yourself busy and avoid long periods of rest.
6. Keep yourself interested – Try to do something you are interested. By keeping your attention you are more likely to stay awake.
7. Pinch yourself – Pinching yourself is a momentary way to keep you awake. Just don’t get too brutal.
8. Do something different – If you are doing something for long periods of time, it gets tiresome even if it holds your interest. Try to change it up so that you don’t get burned out.
9. Take a power nap – If you have the option, take a 15 minute power nap to help recharge your batteries and get back to work.
10. Bright lights – Bright lights make it more difficult to fall asleep. Try to turn on as many lights as possible and stay away from dim lit areas.
11. Get up – If all else fails, then get up and walk around.
12. Exercise – Get your blood flowing, your adrenaline racing, and exercise. You will find yourself more alert in the process.
13. Avoid full stomach – A full stomach will only make you feel more tired as your body is trying to use energy to break down the food.
14. Loud music – Load music will make it more difficult for you to relax and fall asleep. So turn up the volume or bring headphones if at all possible.