As with drafting any top ten list, a compiler runs the risk of forgetting a crowd favorite. Over the course of American Idol’s nine-season run, many a few dreamboats have graced our screen. Here’s a tentative ordering of the most attractive men contestants.
Honorable Mentions: Who can forget George Huff, the lone-man of Season’s Three Top 5? With that sweet smile and soulful voice, George deserves a shout-out. Also, Season Four’s Bo Bice made quite an impression on me and many others during his Idol time. Let’s give him a round of applause, too.
10. David Archuleta. Sorry Archie fans for not ranking David higher, but he was a little boy when on the show. Grown women probably shouldn’t scope him out too much. He is, however, a cutie. Is that okay to say?
9. Phil Stacey. He may have prematurely exited Season Six, but Phil Stacey is not forgotten. The unconventional charmer has always been something to write home about.
8. Blake Lewis. As one of the bad boy finalists of American Idol, Blake Lewis gets attention. You may love him or hate him, but he can be a looker.
7. Chris Daughtry. As Season Five’s breakaway star, the credible Chris Daughtry continues to thrive. With his good looks in tow, it seems as though nothing can stop Chris.
6. Adam Lambert. The controversial Glambert may not have captured everyone’s heart, but he still has his fair share. Even if we disagree on the politics, many of us can’t deny Adam’s dreamy factor as demonstrated during songs like “Tracks of My Tears.”
5. Lee DeWyze. It’s hard to separate Lee’s great voice with his attractive physical appearance, but both are notable perks. Mount Prospect, Illinois, has never looked better.
4. Jason Castro (and Michael Castro–let’s be fair!). The Castro brothers equally lit up the Idol stage in terms of being attractive. There may be something in the Rockwall, Texas, water or the Castros just have good genes. Either way, female fans are delighted.
3. Casey James. At first it seemed Kara’s infatuation was a little over the top, but by the end of the season, Casey had won over many. The tall drink of water is just one reason that made tuning in Season 9 feel like a must.
2. Kris Allen. The little boy from Arkansas that could, Kris Allen stole the finale of Season Eight. With those all-American good looks and that humble countenance, Allen still has a place in our hearts.
1. Matt Giraud. Because this is my list, I can rank the American Idol finalists however I’d like to. And, I’d like to rank Matt Giraud as Number One. The Season Eight dreamboat received Idol’s first-ever Judges’ Save, thereby prolonging the enjoyment of women throughout the country. Thank you, judges!