Whether you’re shopping for your favorite niece, the neighbor’s teenage daughter, or a toddler named Tiffany, buying a gift for a girl is always fun. What’s not so fun, though, is wanting to spend more when you’re counting your pennies!
The good news this holiday season: it’s easy to stick to your budget AND buy the perfect gift. Consider one of these Top Ten ideas:
1. Teenage girls love to play with lip gloss. Buy an assortment of inexpensive lip glosses in different colors and scents, from bubble-gum pink to rosy red. Put them in a silver bag for a chic extra.
2. Girls of all ages will enjoy warm, colorful socks. Ask their moms for tips on sizes and preferred styles (anklets or kneesocks?), and toss in a pair of bed socks for a cute extra touch.
3. From toddlers to teens, stuffed animals have a universal appeal. Little girls will adore pink piglets or cuddly bears, while teenage girls may prefer a more unusual animal, such as a rainbow-colored hippo!
4. Let’s get creative. A paint kit, felt-tipped pens, or a set of every color available of crayons can offer girls the opportunity to explore their artistic abilities.
5. Create an invitation for an outing with YOU! A movie date? Lunch somewhere that the two of you love? An afternoon having a picnic at a park? Depending on the girl’s age and your closeness, this can be a gift for you as well.
6. Buy a book targeted to the child’s age and stage. Toddlers will love picture books, for example, while a teenage girl may enjoy a book about the pets of movie stars. Not sure? Go for a gift card to a favorite bookstore.
7. If it’s a gift for a girl who is a budding gourmet food lover, put together a gift basket of exotic fruits and vegetables. Her parents will appreciate the healthy touch, and your recipient will savor (literally!) the contents. Choose a basket that she will save for future treasures.
8. It’s a puzzle – and she’ll love it! Choose a puzzle that is targeted to her hobbies or interests, as well as her age. From intricate 1,000-piece puzzles for teenage girls that portray their favorite films to simple 10-piece puzzles of animals for little girls, puzzles stimulate their minds and bypass the high-tech trend in a positive way.
9. When it comes to jewelry, you can spend as much or as little as you find appropriate. A pretty charm for a bracelet featuring her birthstone, for example, doesn’t have to be pricey to be pretty. Can’t find anything just right? Consider a simple jewelry box in which she can cherish her favorite gems.
10. Get crafty: an amazing assortment of crafts kits for girls are available. You can find one that teaches her to knit, to crochet, to create a purse, and more. Whether you think she might enjoy beading or building a bracelet, a crafts kit can open the door to a hobby she’ll enjoy for a lifetime.