Florida is home to some of the most beautiful, sandy, white beaches in the United States. From the Gulf Coast to the Atlantic Ocean, they are worth visiting, whether you are staying the day, or an extended stay. Some are lined with restaurants, shopping, water sports, and hotels. Others, provide a more secluded experience. Either way, my top 10 picks are bound to leave you wanting to plan your next beach vacation.
1. Panama City Beach is located in Florida’s pan-handle. It is a great spring break destination, lined with trendy shops, restaurants, and hotels. It’s beaches span about 20 miles, and the water is often calm, warm, and crystal clear.
2. Daytona Beach is another great spring break location, on the Atlantic Ocean. It too offers a vibrant atmosphere, and is only about an hour’s drive to Orlando, home to some of the best theme parks in the United States. Its packed sand makes it an ideal place for four-wheelers.
3. Bradenton Beach located on the Gulf Coast is an ideal spot for families. Its beautiful, calm waters, and white sand beaches provide hours of entertainment. Try the Sand Bar Restaurant, located at 10 Spring Lakes Blvrd on Anna Maria Island, a stone’s throw away from Bradenton Beach. This ocean front eatery is the perfect spot to catch a meal after a day in the sun.
4. Clearwater Beach is both bursting with activity, and has quiet, peaceful spots. Cabanas and chairs can be rented, and it is loaded with hotels and restaurants. Try a dolphin tour through Sea Screamers, Clearwater’s fastest and most exciting family attraction.
5. Fort Myers Beaches are home to tropical landscapes and wildlife. There are dozens of islands to explore, and some of Florida’s most beautiful shells can be found here.
6. Madeira beach is located on the Gulf Coast, and is home to John’s Pass Boardwalk. This trendy area is filled with shops, restaurants and hotels. The beaches are some of the prettiest in the area, with crystal blue waters, and soft, sandy beaches.
7. Lover’s Key Beach is the perfect spot for couples who crave privacy in an intimate, beach setting. Grab a pic-nic and enjoy miles of beautiful beaches. You will often find that you have the entire area to yourself. This beach was voted #4 on the Travel Channels Top 10 Florida Beaches.
8. Fort de Soto Beach is home to 5 interconnecting islands. It has some of the best recreational facilities around. It is an ideal spot for pic-nics.
9. St. Augustine Beach is home to some of Florida’s best swimming, surfing, and fishing. Located on the Atlantic, it’s waters are a vibrant blue and it is surrounded by natural dunes.
10. St. Pete Beach is located on the Gulf of Mexico. It’s calm, clear waters make it a popular tourist spot. Eat at Caddy’s while you are there. This ocean front restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating, and serves fresh fish and tropical drinks.