If you like listening to music on your iPhone, or are an overall music enthusiast, there are many iPhone apps that are not only good, but free (or nearly free) too. Here is a list of the top 10 iPhone apps for the music lover:
1. Last.fm. The social music site Last.fm is now available on the iPhone too. With this app, you can access your online Last.fm account, add songs, purchase tracks from the iTunes store, and share tracks with the Last.fm community. This app is free.
2. Pandora. The Pandora iPhone app offers the same free personalized radio that is available online. You can create stations, send these stations to friends via e-mail, bookmark favorite tracks or artists, and buy tracks from the iTunes store.
3. Slacker. This iPhone app provides access to unlimited and free songs from a huge music library. Over 100 radio stations are available too. Alternately, you can create your own radio station. This app is free.
4. Shazam. The Shazam app takes care of the problem of remembering and/or guessing the title/artist of a particular song. Instead, this app allows you to hold up your iPhone to the speakers of a music device, whereupon the app identifies the song title, artist, and even the album for you. This app is free.
5. Ocarina. This app turns your iPhone into a flute that can be played with your fingers. To “blow” this flute, you need to blow into the microphone. The “holes” of the flute are composed of four virtual spots on the screen. Ocarina community members will also be able to hear what you are playing. This app costs $0.99.
6. Pianist. This app transforms your iPhone into a virtual 88-key piano, which can be played, recorded, and used for composition. There is also a unique 3D graphics feature on this app that displays complex piano movements for better user execution. The app costs $3.99.
7. PocketGuitar. This app, as its name suggests, turns your iPhone into a guitar. You can pick from six different guitars, as well as effects like distortion and chorus. The “strings” are played from the screen. This app costs $0.99.
8. Cleartune. This app allows you to tune a real musical instrument using the app’s chromatic tuner. A note wheel and fine-tune meter are shown while you locate the correct pitch and tune for your instrument. The cost of the app is $3.99.
9. Bloom. By simply tapping and touching the iPhone screen, music lovers can create melodies via the Bloom iPhone app. The app can even create its own compositions, along with stunning freeform artwork. This app costs $3.99.
10. Lyrical. This app presents you with the lyrics of songs to which you are listening. You can also view the song lyrics offline. Alternately, you can enter a few lyrics from a song and the app will locate the song and its artist and title for you. This app is free.