If you are a motorcyclist, there are 10 accessories you should have in your possession. These pieces will keep you safe and your bike functioning properly.
1. Before you start riding, it is important to have insurance on your bike. This will protect you and other drivers in case there is an accident. It can also protect you in the event of theft, vandalism, or loss of wages. Free quotes are usually available, but, insurance does vary by state and how your bike is classified.
2. Wear a helmet each time you go out for a ride. It should be made out of polystyrene. This is the only material deemed safe. It should fit your head properly, and straps should be adjusted each time you put it on. A loose fitting helmet will not protect you.
3. A motorcyclist should own a tire pressure gauge. Low tire pressure can cause an accident. This device will measure current pressure and how much is needed depending on the weight of you and your bike.
4. A travel trunk is a great accessory to acquire. This will allow you to carry needed items during long distance trips, like food, water, clothing, and vehicle documentation. Or, you may want to try a piece of motorcycle luggage.
5, Get a good air filter. This will help control the air quality, and won’t let particles form. A BMC filter is the most durable. It offers a larger amount of airflow.
6. Have a battery charger on hand. This will keep you informed on the life of the battery as well as wear and tear, and the current water level.
7. To protect your bike from the elements, like snow, rain, and dust, it is important to have a good quality cover for your bike. This will also protect it against damages. You’ve spent a lot of money on your bike, so you want to keep it looking its best.
8. Keep a first aid kit in your gear pack. It should contain things like: band aids, gauze, moist towelettes, fever reducers, cold packs, and mosquito repelent.
9. A proper cooling system is needed. It will allow the bike’s engine to reach the proper temperature quicker, and keep it operating more efficiently after starting.
10. Finally, it is important to have a properly functioning suspension. This can increase the speed of the bike. If the bike is pushed beyond normal speeds, the performance of the bike may suffer.