Having the ability to use a smart phone to listen to music makes it more convenient that having to lug around an MP3 player everywhere. There are many great music apps for the iPhone that go beyond just listening to music. The following are 10 of the top music apps that take music one step beyond the MP3:
1. Pandora Radio – This is not your average radio station. You input your favorite artists and Pandora finds their songs plus similar artists to create an entire radio station designed just for you.
2. Bloom – Do you love the visualizations on your computer’s media player and can watch it for hours while you listen to your favorite music? With Bloom, you can have the same on your iPhone only you can customize it anyway you want.
3. Guitar Toolkit – Everything you need to improve your guitar playing in one app. Tune your guitar, find those chords that you just cannot get and stay in time with the built in metronome.
4. BeatMaker – Anyone who fancies themselves a DJ can really get the studio experience with the BeatMaker. With this app you can create your own songs easily and then upload them to your favorite music sharing site.
5. Shazam – Have you ever been somewhere and hear a song and just cannot remember who the artist is? With Shazam, you only need to have your iPhone and this app listens to the song and immediately brings up the artist and song name that you can also download from iTunes.
6. Glee – Love to sing but just need a little work on pitch? The Glee cast helps you to find your voice in the great app for the iPhone.
7. Concert Vault – This app allows you to listen to your favorite live bands on your iPhone. Just type in the name of the artist and you get all their live performances streamed onto your phone.
8. Ocarina – The touchscreen concept of the iPhone is taken one step further with this virtual flute that you play by using the touchscreen.
9. Tuner Internet Radio – Are you tired of your own music collection and just want to listen to the radio? The Tuner Internet Radio allows you access to thousands of radio stations from everywhere in the world that can be saved as favorite stations for easy listening later.
10. Chordmaster – This app takes the standard guitar tablature one step further as it shows you the actual chord name along with the fingering position. Any guitar player no matter their skill level can make great use of this app.
Music apps are not only for listening to music. Many of these help you get your music out to the masses or enable you to learn how to play better. The great thing is that many of these apps are highly affordable and some are even free.