Everyone is looking for that perfect mate. Is he out there, does he even exist? Well, yes and no. There is no perfect person, but you can set up a guide to help you find the perfect person for you.
1. Don’t date someone you wouldn’t want to marry. Don’t waste your time, or his, by going out with someone just to be going out. Look at it this way, why you are wasting your time on someone you know you would not marry, you could be making yourself unavailable for that person you would marry.
2. Watch how his Dad treat his Mom. If his Dad talks down to his mother, belittles her in front of others, etc, there is a good chance he will treat you the same way. It is all he has ever seen, it’s what he knows.
3. If you don’t want someone who drinks, then don’t go to a bar! I met my husband at church, and yes, 23 years later you will find us sitting next to each other in church every Sunday morning. It amazes me what links a woman will go to to find a man….even going to places she normally would not go.
4. Don’t lower your standards…..ever!
5. If he doesn’t treat you like a princess when you are dating, he won’t treat you like a queen after you are married.
6. What you see is what you get. Don’t think you are going to change him…he is what he is….and you are what you are. Bottom line.
7. Looks are not everything. I know, it is what attracts us to the opposite sex but a good heart can come in a not so attractive package. Funny thing is, when you love a person….they look so good to you!
8. Be adventurous. A guy doesn’t want a girl who just wants to shop all the time and look pretty. He might want to go canoeing or white water rafting….you say this is not your cup of tea, but there is some good bonding that goes on between two people when you go on an adventure together.
9. Be realistic. Love and Romance are nothing like those silly books and movies. Do we wish they were? Sometimes. But the truth is, we live in the real world. And most guys are just not romantic and are pretty clueless. So, if you are looking for that hopeless romantic guy….well, good luck!
10. Ask those who know you the best, if they have someone in mind for you. I know we all hate to be set up. But, those who love and care about you the most, really want to see you with someone who will love and care about you the best.