With bills to pay, groceries to buy, and a mile long list of chores, keeping up with your teen’s fashion trends may not be your top priority this fall, but with Christmas right around the corner and birthdays in sight, a quick once-over of the hottest teen fall fashion trends might just make you the coolest parent on the block.
1. Suede Sneakers- So your teen comes home looking like the classic “square” from some bad 50’s sitcom: don’t fret, your teen isn’t getting wedgies in school, in fact, with their new Suede and Leather sneakers, your fashionable teen might just be the one stealing all the Football Team’s dates.
2. Earth-Tone Colors- in keeping with the au-natural of un-dyed suede, teen tees, blouses, camis and sweatshirts tend towards the earthy: beiges, browns, and grays seem to be the fashion choices that turn all the heads this fall.
3. Military Caps- If your starting to worry that 2010’s fall fashion is leaning a little bit too close to the Birkenstocks crowd, this fall fashion trend should be a relief. Military caps add a harder edge to the soft colors and suede shoes that dominate the rest of teen’s fashion option.
4. Jet Black Jeans- To complement those sleek Infantry caps, black and grey jeans give add to the cutting edge, vaguely industrial vibe of teen’s fall fashion for 2010.
5. Mid-Length Skirts- Just to throw a kink in the otherwise earthy or industrial vibes of fall fashion, designers have decided to jet us back to the 1940’s. And in many parents’ minds, this reversion may not be such a bad thing: for the fist time in almost forty years, it’s become “cool” for teen girls to cover their legs in the cold! What will these crazy kids think of next?
So I suppose that the key word for Fall 2010’s teen fashion is “variety.” Whether you teen is an earthy tree-hugger, a chic city-kid, or a more traditional sort, this fall, there are fashion options for every teen.