So the other day I read a story by some blogger (not as good as me of course) who decided on the top five Survivor locations of all time. This person gave no details about what his settings were in making this decision but he cam up with the following:
5. SURVIVOR CHINA
4. SURVVOR FIJI
3. SURVIVOR GABON
2. SURVIVOR COOK ISLANDS
1. SURVIVOR PALAU
Ok so with that as a backdrop, let me give you my top 5 Survivor locations based beauty and eye appeal.
5. Cook Islands: Cant criticize this selection as the Cook Islands are amazing in their landscape all the way through.
4. Vanuatu: The season itself was terrible but the lcoation was gorgeous.
3. Fiji: Again solid choice here as the Polynesian Islands are all incredible.
2. Pearl Islands: I dont know how the previous write forgot about this place. Great history here with the historic Pirate battles that took place here between the various European and South American pirates.
1. Palau: Hands down the most amazing looking place in the world along with Bora Bora (which Surivor shockingly hasnt been to yet). He got it right with that selection.
All right with that out of the way I also was thinking about the best seasons of Survivor based on the strength of the cast and the storylines that took place. Some seasons of Survivor were horrendous in that respect such as Marquesas (which in my opinion was the first “dud” edition of Survivor), along with Fiji and Vanuatu. I also was an opponent of Micronesia but a lot of people seemed to like it so whatever. Anyway here were the top five most enjoyable season in my book.
1. Survivor All Stars: Was the most anticipated season and it livd up to expectations with all of the Rob and Amber drama and the mixing of the greatest players ever for the first time. Awesome from beginning to end and was a must see.
2. Survivor Borneo: The original and the second best. No one knew how to play and that gave it a realness that could never be repeated. Richard Hatch, Rudy Boesch, and Sue Hawk were among the most memorable players ever.
3. Survivor Samoa: I have to admit that Russell Hantz was a scene stealer in ever episode and the way he along with Natalie, Jaison, and Mick were able to overcome 8-4 odds in tribe strength to be the final four was amazing work.
4. Survivor Pearl Islands: The birth place of Rupert and the grating Johnny Fairplay, Pearl Islands had a tremendous cast all the way around. And of course this was the first of a record two wins for Sandra Diaz-Twine.
5. Survivor China: B list celebrities started to get into the game as Ashley Massaro from the WWE and Jean-Robert Bellande from poker were put into the lineup. Todd Herzog was also a very cunning player who no one expected to win.
So there you have it. Looking back as Survivor history, the show was going great until Guatamala and than continued to be less than ideal until China. Since China there have been a run of good to great season as Gabon and Tocantins were also very good seasons. Heroes VS Villains was also good but somewhat dissapointing.
What do you all think? Which ones do you agree or disagree with?