A lot of people really get happy when they receive gifts. A lot of others get even more happy when they give gifts. If you are one of those who enjoy giving gifts even more then receiving them, then you are also one of those people who also put a lot of time and consideration into the nature of the gifts that you get. Probably for someone like you it is not that difficult to pick gifts for most people. However, one always needs new ideas for getting gifts for the special people that we often get gifts for. It is easy to run out of ideas for unusual gifts. So, here are ten unusual valentine’s day or holiday gift ideas!
1) Buy a domain name and web space: Everyone has a creative side! Some discover and cultivate this more than others. Some others keep putting it off. If your significant other or close friend or family member is an aspiring writer, or a photographer, giving them a domain name registered under either their own name or a name that they would know is thought of for them would encourage them to pursue their dreams.
If this sounds too complicated, you can always create a blog. For example, if one of your close ones is a great cook, you can create a blog where they can share their recipes. This gift can make them feel proud.
2) Buy an original painting! This is a great gift especially if you have an idea about the taste of the person you are buying the gift for. You can buy great paintings for decent prices on the web or at school exhibitions. This would be an unforgettable gift of a lifetime.
3)Get them a magazine subscription. There are some great magazines out there that one can learn a lot from and also enjoy! Giving your loved one a subscription for a magazine that they are not aware of in a field they enjoy would be a gift they would enjoy for months to come. A lot of magazines will supply you with special cards that you can send to those you are giving the gift to.
4) Buy them a class! This is also another unusual gift that is also very thoughtful. If your loved one enjoys cooking you can enroll them for a class at the culinary school learning to cook their favorite meals.
5) Give them a massage coupon! Very few people do not like massage. Giving your loved one a gift certificate to a massage spa would give them a chance to spoil themselves immensely. If you don’t think you can afford this but you are skilled yourself you can give them a coupon for a massage that will be given by you!
6) Commission an artist to paint their photo into a painting. There are many artists who will take commissions to paint real people into their paintings. This would be a unique and very special gift. It would be more creative to go with a surrealist or abstract style than a traditional portrait.
7) Restaurant.com gift coupons! Everyone loves to eat outside. These coupons make great gifts for distant relatives. You will not spend much time shopping and they will be happy! Alternatively, you can get coupons for restaurants from the restaurants themselves, but this may require a trip.
8) Gourmet steaks! There are a few companies that sell gourmet steaks online. These would make a great gift for those that you know really know about food.
9) A song. You may not be a great composer yourself. However, you could hire an advanced music student to write a song for your loved one, and buy its copyright. Or buy one of their already existing compositions. You could write words to it, buy words, use a poem, or just let it be instrumental. Having a special song under their name will make everyone feel tremendously special.
10) Plant a tree under their name. These will be appreciated more than you can imagine. It is just a really pleasant gift to receive to know that someone planted a tree under your name. Organizations like Arbor Day Foundation will send you very nice postcards dedicated to this purpose that you can give to your loved ones.