Well, the unthinkable has finally happened-Google Maps apparently unintentionally deleted the town of Sunrise Florida from its online mapping service for a month this summer. Not even Sunrise businesses or addresses showed up on the Google mapping service, which led to confused customers and business owners who watched in horror as their sales dropped. Amazingly, the town of Sunrise has disappeared three times before from Google Maps, leading some to believe that a conspiracy is taking place. The top 10 possible reasons why Google keeps deleting this Florida city of 90,000 are listed below.
1. As part of their long-standing feud with Apple, Google executives deleted the town of Sunrise where Steve Jobs’ summer home is located. Some have said that deleting the structure from Google maps makes it harder for Steve to find it.
2. Rumors abound that the United States Federal Government has a secret military installation in Sunrise Florida, similar to Area 51 in southern Nevada, and that deleting it from Google maps at random is merely a “safety precaution”.
3. People working in the Department of Justice have also hinted that Sunrise Florida may be home to about 25,000 people in the government’s witness protection program, or approximately 90% of those who have changed their names and dropped off the face of the earth. Government hackers may have decided to remove sunrise from Google to provide an extra layer of protection.
4. Other rumors seem to indicate that Sunrise is populated by a large local “Witches’ Community”, which frequently casts black magic spells which cause weird things to happen. Besides the town disappearing from Google maps, residents have seen the occasional appearance of a cat or dog who can fly and a mailbox which can talk.
5. White House officials speaking on the condition of anonymity have indicated that VP Joe Biden frequently “fiddles with” the nation’s Internet settings and that this may have produced errors on Google maps. President Obama recently shouted at Biden: “boy stay the the heck away from that machine, you don’t know what it does!” with regards to the government’s secret super computer located in the basement of the Capitol Building.
6. Many people believe that a nameless Google executive has a long-standing feud with the mayor of Sunrise and that he, or she, is taking her revenge on the mayor by periodically making the town nonexistent in cyberspace. The mayor of Sunrise has said that he left his now ex-wife, who works for Google Maps, in the woods for dead after a bear attacked their campsite, but is unsure if the two events are related.
7. When the town of Sunrise is removed from Google maps, roads into the town are blocked by a the pixelated image of grasslands and all communication with the town is blocked. Some people believe that a person is using this known side effect of Google Map Deletion Syndrome in order to “cage” someone inside the town.
8. Recent sightings of Bigfoot have oddly clustered around Sunrise Florida. Could it be that Bigfoot himself is somehow using an Internet connection to hack into Google maps to delete the town of Sunrise? Possibly, but for what reason?
9. Expert studying UFO and extraterrestrials believe that aliens may have hacked into government satellites and used them to delete the town of sunrise Florida from Google Maps as part of a complicated experiment into the human psychology of the “silent treatment.” The mayor of Sunrise has said that he wishes that the aliens would just go back to “mutilating cows” and leave this town alone.
10. Sarah Palin has said that disappearance of Surnise is a sign of a coming Vampire apocalypse and that everybody should vote Republican in the fall and stay in doors after the sun has set.
For the Top Ten Signs that the Apocalypse is Near click here.