Though the sour economy has affected every state in the union, some such as California are making out like bandits when it comes to stimulus dollars. It was recently announced that California would receive about $900 million for the construction of a high speed rail from San Francisco to Los Angeles. However, other smaller states are complaining that they haven’t gotten their fair share of stimulus dollar. The White House recently announced dozens of “micro-stimulus” projects for smaller states. Ten of them are listed below.
1. Iowa will get $10 million to develop a safer technology for yearly potato sack races at the Iowa State Fair.
2. Texas will get $3 million to research ways to build a solar powered pig trough/pig feeder.
3. Vermont will get $1.3 million to develop a maple tree hybrid which can produce maple syrup which has a buttery after taste.
4. Wisconsin will get $4 million dollars to study ways to prevent cow tipping.
5. Maine will get $2 million to study ways to prevent witches from spontaneously combusting the day after Halloween.
6. Kentucky will get $2 million to build a monument to Colonel Sanders.
7. Washington will get $3 million to figure how to teach Washington State the fundamentals of college football.
8. Rhode Island’s state historical society will get $300,000 over ten years to try to discover why the state is so small.
9. Wisconsin will get $4 million (in Canadian dollars) to research ways to make cheddar cheese more pungent and less filling.
10. Nevada will get $4 million to pin-down the exact location of Area 51, the government’s top secret military base located somewhere in southern Nevada and where a captured alien spaceship may be located.
For the top ten futuristic robots click here.