Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, President Obama speaking ahead of the midterm elections-and in response to polls that show that conservative voters are revved up to vote-said that, “One closing remark that I want to make: It is inexcusable for any Democrat or progressive right now to stand on the sidelines in this midterm election. . .” Long time democratic voters might feel less than motivated by the president’s comments if he plans on attacking the very voters who put him in office. Nonetheless, democratic and republican voters alike have been chastised for a number of “inexcusable activities”, and ten of them listed below.
1. President Obama, in an address to the nation last March told the American public that every citizen should be sure to take the lint out of your dryer’s filter after drying a load of clothes. And doing anything less would be reprehensible, and “un-American.”
2. Vice President Joe Biden last week warned a crowd of people, who had shown up at a Maryland bookstore for the release of his book, “AmTrak and Me”, that every citizen should be sure not to remove the tag on the bottom of bed mattresses and that doing so would cause irreparable harm to the country.
3. First Lady Michelle Obama said that dog owners who don’t walk their dog at least three times a week should be publicly humiliated and fined.
4. Outgoing White House Chief of Staff Rob Manuel has said on numerous occasions that the liberal base of the Democratic Party is composed of, “professional lefty-type folks who don’t know their patriotic duty to support the president and should be imprisoned if they don’t vote this November.”
5. The Library of Congress, after prodding by the White House, has released a new statement which supports the creation of a law in which anybody who fails to return their library books on time is committing an act of high treason against the United States.
6. According to one White House official speaking on the condition of anonymity, the President “knows the names of those who have voted Democratic in the past”, and if these voters do not show up on election day to vote they will be given the opportunity to, “leave the country and go to Canada”, or provide written evidence that they have joined the Tea Party.
7. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has gone beyond pressuring liberal voters to turn out this fall and has said that she will personally, “lockup any liberal person who has decided not to vote”, as she considers that to be high treason against the federal government.
8. Hoping to rally conservative voters, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has warned her conservative constituency that should they decide not to vote on election day, perhaps due to a belief that the Republicans will coast to an easy victory, that she will, “send each and every one of them to Mexico.”
9. Bo the White House dog made an uncharacteristically passionate plea to dogs and cats everywhere to remind their owners to vote if they are Democrat as he, “wants to continue being the nation’s First Dog as he gets free milk bones in the deal.”
10. Hillary Clinton, who serves as President’s Obama’s Secretary of State, has said that anybody who doesn’t vote for the Democrats will have their tax records looked at, “very closely.”
For the Top 10 Signs that Monkeys Are Still Evolving click here.