With the economy still recovering, travelers are still looking for the best deals and one can use certain discounts associated with Triple-A or AARP or the government. In Macon, there is a wide range of hotel choices with a wide range of prices. Many hotels that charge higher prices are just as good as the hotels who charge significantly lower prices.
Here is my Top 5 hotels that are the best bargains
1. Red Roof Inn-North is part of a popular chain, even though it might not have the amenities as the larger hotels, the rooms are comfortable and the price is really affordable. At most Red roofs, they have pay-movies, but a limited cable TV package. The continental breakfast at most Red Roofs consist of just coffee. However, some do provide a larger breakfast. If you bring your pet on your trip, the Red Roof does provide sanctuary for pets with no fee. This location off Interstate 75 at Exit 169 is close to the interstate and close to many dining establishments such as Outback Restaurant.
2. Travelodge-North is very much similar to the Red Roof. However, this hotel has extended amenities with a laundry service on the premises. The continental breakfast is modified which contain pastries and a waffle-maker for the guest. At the Travelodge, the rooms are a little bit larger than the Red Roof Inns, however the prices are still very competitive and generally stay the same all year round regardless of an event in town. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. The location is right off Riverside Drive in Macon behind the Burger King restaurant. Most dining choices are within walking distance.
3. ExtendedStay is located in North Macon off Interstate-75 at Arkwright Road. If one is looking to stay in town for a few days, this hotel would definitely be a viable choice whether you are by yourself or your family is traveling along for a vacation. The rooms are very spacious that include sleeper sofa and a large desk. Additionally, if you don’t want to go out to eat, Extended Stay provides a full kitchenette for your dining needs. Deluxe Macon-North
4. America’s Best Inns is a smaller hotel with 45 rooms, but it has many desirable features such as a deluxe continental breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and valet laundry.Additionally, if you are frequent visitor, America’s Best Inns provides opportunities to be part of a guest loyalty program.
5. Country Inn and Suites Macon North is one of the newer hotels in Macon that features wireless internet. Some places charge for internet, but not this particular hotel. If you are a business traveler, this would be ideal. Another cool feature is that Country Inn has an indoor pool.