An apparent suicide took place in the library on the University of Texas campus Tuesday morning at about 8:15a.m. Nineteen year old UT student, Colton Tooley, began randomly firing shots from an AK-47 assault rifle. While no one else was injured, Tooley fatally shot himself inside of the UT library. Ironically, John Lott, a gun rights advocate, was scheduled to speak on campus later in the day. Go here for more detailed information.
- About Colton Tooley, Austin Shooter of UT Shooting in Texas
- Colton Tooley, Austin UT Student – Identity of Shooting Suspect in Texas
- A Shooting at University of Texas Left the Gunman Dead, No One Else Injured
- Austin Shooting at University of Texas, Man Takes Own Life After Firing Shots
- University of Texas at Austin Shooting Revives Memories of Virginia Tech Shootings