Before listing your home for sale, you want to make sure it will look and that people will be interested in it as they drive by to see the outside. You will want to make sure that your home has curb appeal. There are many different ways to do this for your home. Try these tips to make your house sell.
• Make sure your lawn looks perfect. Cut your shrubs and use an edger on the grass. Bag up all of the lawn clippings to make it look neat. Clean up leaves if you have trees in your yard. Put down some grass seed if you have bald spots in your yard. You want to make sure these get filled in right away. Water your lawn to make it look better.
• Fix up your porch. You will want to place a simple rug in front of the door. Use a broom and clean up the entire area. Don’t leave kids toys or other things out for people to see. Take a shop vacuum outside to clean up spider webs around the door and windows.
• Clean up your driveway and sidewalks. Take a power washer to them and get all of the dirt off that you can easily. This will make them look a lot nicer. Try to keep your kids from drawing on them with chalk while you are trying to sell the house.
• Make sure that you have numbers up on your house so it is easy for people to find and they look nice. You can buy new ones for under $5 if yours are looking bad. This is an easy way to dress up the outside of your home.
• Fix your mailbox. If you have one that is damaged or does not look nice, make sure that you put in a new one. This is not very expensive. You might be able to use your old pole and just replace the top part. Make it look nice. If you can’t afford a new one, try just painting your old one to make it look new again.
These tips are going to help you to get more people looking at your home. You will be able to sell it faster this way. Think of other ideas to make the outside look better that you can do on your own and you will be moving into your new home soon!