1) New England Patriots 7-2 – Tom Brady totally shredded the Steelers defense. New England has scored an NFL best 258 points this year.
2) New York Jets 7-2 – Sanchez showed remarkable presence in evading pocket pressure as the Jets beat a very good Browns team.
3) Philadelphia Eagles 6-3 – I know the Falcons have more wins but the Eagles have beaten both them and Indianapolis and are now tied with the Giants for first in the NFC East. Philly is flying high with Vick at the helm and have scored 257; one less than the league leading Patriots.
4) Atlanta Falcons 7-2 – Impressive win over Baltimore on Thursday.
5) Green Bay Packers 6-3 – The Packers were off last week but they round out the top 5
6) New Orleans Saints 6-3 – Also resting last week were the New Orleans Saints and their ailing running backs.
7) Chicago Bears 6-3 – The Bears held Adrian Peterson to 51 yards rushing and soundly whipped the Minnesota Vikings.
8) Baltimore Ravens 6-3 – Played a very good first half in a tight game. They didn’t lose it, the Falcons won it.
9) Pittsburgh Steelers 6-3 – Downgraded after embarrassing loss at home
10) Indianapolis Colts 6-3 – Squeaked out a win at home versus the Bengals
11) New York Giants 6-3 – Are the only team to be beaten up by the Cowboys this year.
12) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-3 – Josh Freeman and Mike Williams lead a very good football team.
13) San Diego Chargers – 4-5 The Bolts will have some momentum coming out of the bye riding a two game win streak.
14) Jacksonville Jaguars 5-4 – Jacksonville worked a miracle last week. They just keep hanging around in the AFC South.
15) Miami Dolphins 5-4 – Looked pretty good at home. Now they just need to keep their quarterback healthy.
16) Tennessee Titans 5-4 – 0-1 with Randy Moss
17) Oakland Raiders 5-4 – Oakland has a winning record over halfway through the year. The Raider nation is getting fired up.
18) Seattle Seahawks 5-4 – The Seahawks look like a different team with Hasselback out there. They are right there in the mix for the NFC West divisional title.
19) Cleveland Browns 3-6 – Colt McCoy has remarkable poise for a rookie. The Browns have lost 4 games by a touchdown or less. This is a good football team.
20) Houston Texans 4-5 – The Texans now trail the Colts by two games. Where is the defense?
21) St. Louis Rams 4-5 – Tough loss last week with the bad call but they had their opportunities.
22) Kansas City Chiefs 4-5 – Two losses in a row now and last weeks was ugly.
23) Washington Redskins 4-5 – Ugly, ugly loss on Monday Night Football.
24) Dallas Cowboys 2-7 – This week the Cowboys made a dramatic turnaround under Jason Garret. Will it continue?
25) Denver Broncos 3-6 – They sure showed up this week against Kansas City. Kyle Orton looked fantastic.
26) San Francisco 49ers 3-6 – Troy Smith is 2-0 as the starter but it took a huge break on a phantom pass interference call for the ‘9ers to win this game.
27) Buffalo Bills 1-8 – Broke through and got a very well deserved win.
28) Detroit Lions 2-7 – You can’t like being the team that gives up a win to the last winless team of the year.
29) Arizona Cardinals 3-6 – Couldn’t beat the Seahawks at home.
30) Cincinnati Bengals 2-7 – Played badly…and lost again.
31) Minnesota Vikings 2-7 – Things are only getting worse in Minnesota.
32) Carolina Panthers 1-8 – Steve Smith, the leader of this team demonstrated Sunday that they are still fighting hard. Too bad they don’t have more talent.
Check out my picks for this week: