Week 12 RB Rankings – Start/Sit Advice. Week 12 RB Rankings are based on the best matchups and highest potential fantasy football point outcomes among all fantasy football RB in Week 12. Use these Week 12 RB Rankings to help you decide which RB to Start and which RB to Sit on your fantasy football team this week.
Week 12 – RB Rankings
1. Chris Johnson – Ten = @Hou
The Texans defense has been in shambles this season, and with no QB running the Titans offense this week, Johnson could be looking at 25 plus touches in this game. Stats in the range of 100-150 total yards and 1-2 touchdowns is definitely possible.
2. Arian Foster – Hou = Ten
Foster’s stats in last weeks game against the Jets should once again go to show you that benching a stud RB is never a good idea. Another performance of 100-150 total yards and 1-2 touchdowns is easily within reach for Foster this week against a nothing special Titans defense.
3. Adrian Peterson – Min = @Was
Facing a Washington defense that has allowed an average of 131 rushing yards per game so far this season, should easily get Peterson above the 100 rushing yard plateau. Add in a likely touchdown, with the potential for two touchdowns, and Peterson is a safe start for fantasy football teams this week.
4. Rashard Mendenhall – Pit = @Buf
If the Steelers offense was more run based rather than pass based, this matchup might have the potential for being a career game for Mendenhall. However with the Buffalo Bills defense allowing a ridiculous average of 163 rushing yards per game this season, Mendenhall will likely receive between 20-30 rushing attempts in this game. Add in the potential for cold winter weather in Buffalo at this time of the year, and the upside for Mendenhall goes up even more this week. If Mendenhall does receive at least 20 rushing attempts, he could easily post stats in the range of 100-130 rushing yards and 1-2 touchdowns.
5. Darren McFadden – Oak = Mia
Realistically, no one should have expected McFadden to do much in last weeks game against a Pittsburgh run defense that is simply outstanding. However this week is a different story, and with a matchup at home against the Dolphins, McFadden should be pushing stats in the range of 100-125 total yards and 1 touchdown.
6. Peyton Hillis – Cle = Car
At 6-2 and 250, Hillis is a bulldozer that defenses just simple cannot handle. Add in a functional passing attack with Colt McCoy, and Hillis should continue his pounding ways against the Panthers defense this week. 100 total yards and 1 touchdown is easily within reach for Hillis in this game.
7. Frank Gore – SF = @Ari
Outstanding matchup for Gore to do some damage against a bad Arizona run defense, but with lingering QB issues in San Francisco, the stacked box against Gore just doesn’t offer much boom potential for fantasy football teams. However with both rushing and receiving yards, another performance of 100 total yards is very likely, and a touchdown is always possible.
8. Ray Rice – Bal = TB
With a late November game in Baltimore against a Tampa Bay defense that has allowed an average of 136 rushing yards per game this season, maybe this will be the game that the Ravens really try to establish their running game. Either way, Rice is a solid bet to tally at least 100 total yards, and a touchdown is definitely possible as well.
9. Steven Jackson – StL = @Den
Facing a Denver defense that allows an average of 143 rushing yards per game, and a league worst 14 rushing touchdowns, one would think Jackson has to be licking his chops for this game. Topping the 100 rushing yard mark seems nearly guaranteed for Jackson this week, and a touchdown or even two could be in store as well.
10. Jamaal Charles – KC = @Sea
Great matchup for Charles and the Kansas City offense this week, and there is no reason to believe that Charles will not once again post 100 total yards. A touchdown is easily within reach as well. There is a ton of upside with Charles this week.
11. Ahmad Bradshaw – NYG = Jac
* Bradshaw will not start this week as Brandon Jacobs gets the nod. However I still think the carries will be there for Bradshaw, so I do not think fantasy teams should hit the panic button or bench him. Not with the Giants passing game in limbo this week. I fully expect the Giants to run the ball a ton this week.
Solid matchup for the Giants offense this week, and with Eli Manning and the passing attack slowed with Hakeem Nicks out, Bradshaw could easily receive a ton of touches in this game. 100-125 total yards and 1 touchdown is definitely within reach.
12. BenJarvis Green-Ellis – NE = @Det
Forget about Fred Taylor, Green-Ellis will continue to get between 10-15 carries and goal line work. A matchup against the Lions this week definitely makes that TD run very likely. 50-80 rushing yards and 1 touchdown on the conservative end.
13. Michael Turner – Atl = GB
Tough matchup for Turner against a Packers defense that held tight against Adrian Peterson last week. 75 rushing yards is possible, but I would not expect a TD.
14. LeSean McCoy – Phi = @Chi
The Bears run defense has been excellent this season, and McCoy might have a rough day finding running room. However with the x-factor Michael Vick in the backfield and receiving the majority of the attention from defense, McCoy could do better this week than what other fellow RBs have been able to do against the Bears this season.
15. Knowshon Moreno – Den = StL
Moreno has not been great this season, but he has been a steady stat contributor since returning from his early season injury. Add in a matchup against the Rams defense this week, and Moreno likely will not slow down the pace much in this game.
16. Maurice Jones-Drew – Jac = @NYG
Tough matchup for Jones-Drew, and if I am being honest….I would start a different RB this week if you have better upside options.
17. Matt Forte – Chi = Phi
Not a good matchup, but Forte always offers the potential for a solid combination of rushing/receiving yards.
18. Mike Goodson – Car = @Cle / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
Posting back to back 100 rushing yard performances as the starter for the Panthers, Goodson will have an opportunity to continue that trend this week against the Browns. With the Panthers not playing for anything but the future at this point in the season, there is little reason for them to rush Jonathan Stewart back onto the field after dealing with a concussion. Expect the Panthers to continue to feed the ball to Goodson, so they can find out just how he fits into their future plans.
19. LaDainian Tomlinson – NYJ = Cin
20. Thomas Jones – KC = @Sea
Great matchup for the Chiefs offense, and Jones should continue to get his carries. Anything beween 50-100 rushing yards is likely, and a touchdown is always possible.
21. Brandon Jacobs – NYG = Jac / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
The potential for more carries is definitely possible this week as the Giants passing attack is iffy at best right now.
22. Maurice Morris – Det = NE / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
Likely the starter for the Lions this week, as it looks like Jahvid Best will be out for this game…or at least not play a lot.
23. Mike Tolbert – SD = @Ind / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
24. Danny Woodhead – NE = @Det
25. Keiland Williams – Was = Min
26. Donald Brown – Ind = SD / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
27. LaGarrett Blount – TB = @Bal
28. Cedric Benson – Cin = @NYJ
29. Ronnie Brown – Mia = @Oak
30. Brandon Jackson – GB = @Atl
31. Chris Ivory – NO = @Dal / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
32. Felix Jones – Dal = NO
33. Beanie Wells – Ari = SF
34. Fred Jackson – Buf = Pit
35. Justin Forsett – Sea = KC / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
After two fumbles in last weeks game and getting benched for the 4th quarter, it appears that the welcome has already run out on Marshawn Lynch in Seattle. Enter Justin Forsett as a possible fantasy football lifesaver over the remainder of the season.
36. Shonn Greene – NYJ = Cin
37. Reggie Bush – NO = @Dal
38. Jonathan Stewart – Car = @Cle
39. Ryan Torain – Was = Min / injury ?
40. Ricky Williams – Mia = @Oak
41. Darren Sproles – SD = @Ind
42. Ryan Mathews – SD = @Ind / injury ?
43. Marshawn Lynch – Sea = KC
44. Jahvid Best – Det = NE / injury ?
45. Marion Barber – Dal = NO
46. Willis McGahee – Bal = TB / DEEP SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
47. Javarris James – Ind = SD
48. Isaac Redman – Pit = @Buf / DEEP SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
In deep leagues, Redman is a flyer flex play as he could easily receive a nice amount of garbage time carries if the Steelers get up big in this game.
49. Michael Bush – Oak = Mia
50. Toby Gerhart – Min = @Was / DEEP SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER
51. Tim Hightower – Ari = SF
52. Carnell Williams – TB = @Bal
53. James Davis – Was = Min
54. Fred Taylor – NE = @Det
55. Chester Taylor – Chi = Phi
56. Derrick Ward – Hou = Ten
57. Jason Snelling – Atl = GB
58. Bernard Scott – Cin = @NYJ
59. Julius Jones – NO = @Dal
60. Tashard Choice – Dal = NO
61. Mike Bell – Cle = Car
62. Sammy Morris – NE = @Det
63. John Kuhn – GB = @Atl
64. Jerome Harrison – Phi = @Chi
65. Leon Washington – Sea = KC
66. Javon Ringer – Ten = @Hou
67. Mewelde Moore – Pit = @Buf
68. Earnest Graham – TB = @Bal
69. Rashad Jennings – Jac = @NYG
70. Steve Slaton – Hou = Ten
71. Laurence Maroney – Den = StL
72. Kenneth Darby – StL = @Den
73. Correll Buckhalter – Den = StL
74. Brian Westbrook – SF = @Ari
75. LeRon McClain – Bal = TB
76. Anthony Dixon – SF = @Ari
77. Jonathan Dwyer – Pit = @Buf
78. Deji Karim – Jac = @NYG
Joseph Addai – Ind = SD – injury ?
Mike Hart – Ind = SD – injury ?
CJ Spiller – Buf = Pit – injury ?
Pierre Thomas – NO = @Dal – injury ? – unlikely to play
Dexter McCluster – KC = @Sea – injury ? – unlikely to play
Clinton Portis – Was = IR
DeAngelo Williams – Car = IR
Kevin Smith – Det = IR