Week 3 WR Rankings – Start/Sit Advice. Week 3 WR Rankings are based on the best matchups and highest potential fantasy football point outcomes among all fantasy football WR in Week 3. Use these Week 3 WR Rankings to help you decide which WR to Start and which WR to Sit on your fantasy football team this week. If you have any comments or questions, you can post them in the comment box below the rankings. Thanks for Reading! – Hawk Michaels at Hawk Fantasy Sports Blog.
Week 3 – WR Rankings
1. Miles Austin – Dal = @Hou
After posting back to back 10 reception and 140 receiving yard games to begin the season, Austin clearly deserves this #1 WR ranking. A matchup against the Texans defense should not slow him down any, as the Cowboys will surely be passing a lot in this game to score points. Stats in the range of 5-10 receptions, 80-150 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is very likely for Austin this week.
2. Randy Moss – NE = Buf
With the Packers offense tallying 34 points against the Buffalo defense, the reality is that the Buffalo defense simply does not have much of a chance against the Patriots offense this week. Moss should roll up stats in the range of 80-125 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, maybe even 2 touchdowns.
3. Reggie Wayne – Ind = @Den
If Champ Bailey is out for this game, then Wayne is an even better play than he already is. 100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is well within reach if Champ Bailey does not play in this game.
4. Roddy White – Atl = @NO
The amount of targets to White is exactly what fantasy football teams want to see. There is no reason to believe that White cannot tally 50-100 receiving yards with a touchdown possible.
5. Andre Johnson – Hou = Dal
The ankle injury sustained in last weeks game is a bit of a concern which is why Johnson is ranked lower here. If the ankle turns out to be just fine when game day rolls around, then I would prefer starting Andre Johnson over Reggie Wayne if Champ Bailey is playing.
6. Wes Welker – NE = Buf
The truth is that at least one of the Patriots WRs will have a huge game this week, it is just a matter of if that WR will be Randy Moss or Wes Welker. My guess is that it will be Moss who has the big stat game, but Welker still holds enough potential for big time stats that he simply cannot be ranked any lower among fantasy football WRs this week.
7. Greg Jennings – GB = @Chi
With the Packers passing attack likely out in full force in this game since the Bears defense will likely shut down the running game, you have to believe that Jennings could be in store for a big game. Especially considering the fact that Miles Austin tallied 10 receptions and 142 receiving yards against the Bears last week, and the Cowboys offense tallied 374 total passing yards. Jennings could easily be looking at stats in the range of 75-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown.
8. DeSean Jackson – Phi = @Jac
After a huge stat game last week from Jackson, a matchup against a not so good Jaguars secondary, should lead to another solid game for Jackson this week. 75-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is well within reach.
9. Anquan Boldin – Bal = Cle
Leading the Ravens in receiving in both games to start the season, Boldin is clearly Joe Flacco’s top target. An excellent game should be in store for Boldin this week against the Browns, as stats in the range of 75-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown seems like money in the bank.
10. Percy Harvin – Min = Det
With DeSean Jackson tallying 4 receptions for 135 receiving yards and 1 touchdown last week against Detroit, Harvin who clearly offers a similar skill set, should be a top target for Favre this week as numbers in the range of 75-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is very likely.
11. Larry Fitzgerald – Ari = Oak
12. Marques Colston – NO = Atl
13. Austin Collie – Ind = @Den
14. Brandon Marshall – Mia = NYJ
15. Hakeem Nicks – NYG = Ten
16. Donald Driver – GB = @Chi
17. Dez Bryant – Dal = @Hou
18. Steve Smith – NYG = Ten
19. Santana Moss – Was = @StL
20. Mike Sims-Walker – Jac = Phi
21. Hines Ward – Pit = @TB
22. Jeremy Maclin – Phi = @Jac
23. Calvin Johnson – Det = @Min
24. Mike Wallace – Pit = @TB
25. Malcom Floyd – SD = @Sea
26. Steve Breaston – Ari = Oak
27. Chad Ochocinco – Cin = @Car
28. Johnny Knox – Chi = GB
29. Demaryius Thomas – Den = Ind
30. TJ Houshmandzadeh – Bal = Cle
31. Kevin Walter – Hou = Dal
32. Steve Smith – Car = Cin
33. Dwayne Bowe – KC = SF
34. Eddie Royal – Den = Ind
35. Louis Murphy – Oak = @Ari
36. Mark Clayton – StL = Was
37. Terrell Owens – Cin = @Car
38. Mario Manningham – NYG = Ten
39. Jacoby Jones – Hou = Dal
40. Legedu Naanee – SD = @Sea
41. Jabar Gaffney – Den = Ind
42. Michael Crabtree – SF = @KC
43. Jerricho Cotchery – NYJ = @Mia
44. Nate Washington – Ten = @NYG
45. Robert Meachem – NO = Atl
46. Danny Amendola – StL = Was
47. Roy Williams – Dal = @Hou
48. Darrius Heyward-Bey – Oak = @Ari
49. Deon Butler – Sea = SD
50. Blair White – Ind = @Den
51. Derrick Mason – Bal = Cle / injury ?
52. Bernard Berrian – Min = Det
53. Lee Evans – Buf = @NE
54. Mike Thomas – Jac = Phi
55. Laurent Robinson – StL = Was
56. Mike Williams – TB = Pit
57. James Jones – GB = @Chi
58. Kenny Britt – Ten = @NYG
59. Brandon Tate – NE = Buf
60. Devery Henderson – NO = Atl
61. Devin Hester – Chi = GB
62. Braylon Edwards – NYJ = @Mia
63. Lance Moore – NO = Atl
64. Mohamed Massaquoi – Cle = @Bal
65. Chris Chambers – KC = SF
66. Devin Aromashodu – Chi = GB
67. Brandon Lloyd – Den = Ind
68. Golden Tate – Sea = SD
69. Mike Williams – Sea = SD
70. Brandon LaFell – Car = Cin
71. Earl Bennett – Chi = GB
72. Julian Edelman – NE = Buf
73. Chaz Schilens – Oak = @Ari
74. Justin Gage – Ten = @NYG
75. Deion Branch – Sea = SD
76. Jordy Nelson – GB = @Chi
77. Josh Morgan – SF = @KC
78. Joshua Cribbs – Cle = @Bal / injury ?
79. Devin Thomas – Was = @StL
80. Davone Bess – Mia = NYJ
81. Patrick Crayton – SD = @Sea
82. Arrelious Benn – TB = Pit
83. Michael Jenkins – Atl = @NO
84. Dwayne Jarrett – Car = Cin
85. Bryant Johnson – Det = @Min
86. Ted Ginn Jr – SF = @KC / injury ?
87. Early Doucet – Ari = Oak / injury ?
88. Pierre Garcon – Ind = @Den / injury ? – OUT WILL NOT PLAY
WILL NOT PLAY – WEEK 3
Nate Burleson – Det = @Min / injury – out
Anthony Gonzalez – Ind = @Den / injury – out
Santonio Holmes – NYJ = OUT – SUSPENDED
Vincent Jackson – SD = OUT – SUSPENDED
Sidney Rice – Min = OUT – PUP LIST
Donnie Avery – StL = OUT – INJURED RESERVE