Week 5 WR Rankings – Start/Sit Advice. Week 5 WR Rankings are based on the best matchups and highest potential fantasy football point outcomes among all fantasy football WR in Week 5. Use these Week 5 WR Rankings to help you decide which WR to Start and which WR to Sit on your fantasy football team this week. If you have any comments or questions, you can post them in the comment box below the rankings. Thanks for Reading! – Hawk Michaels at Hawk Fantasy Sports Blog.
Week 5 – WR Rankings
1. Roddy White – Atl = @Cle
After the Browns defense surrendered over 200 receiving yards to Terrell Owens last week, and with targets a plenty from Matt Ryan, Roddy White could easily be in store for an excellent game this week. Stats in the range of 100-150 receiving yards and 1-2 touchdowns is possible.
2. Reggie Wayne – Ind = KC
The emergence of Austin Collie may actually help Wayne’s receiving stats this season, since defenses will no longer be able to double team him consistently. Another game of 100 plus receiving yards is likely, and a touchdown is also well within reach for Wayne in this matchup.
3. Calvin Johnson – Det = StL
If Johnson can connect with Shaun Hill for 2 touchdowns against the Packers defense last week, then a matchup at home against the Rams defense is unlikely to stop him this week. 100 receiving yards or more is very likely for Johnson in this game, and a touchdown or two is also very possible.
4. Miles Austin – Dal = Ten
Coming off the bye week with fresh legs, Austin has plenty of potential to enjoy a solid game in this matchup. 100 receiving yards is easily within reach for Austin in this game, and a touchdown is possible as well.
5. Anquan Boldin – Bal = Den
Through just 4 games this season, Boldin is easily Joe Flacco’s top target. 5-10 receptions to go along with 75-100 receiving yards and a possible touchdown is likely for Boldin in this game. And if Champ Bailey is out for this game, Boldin could easily be in store for an even better stat line this week.
6. Hakeem Nicks – NYG = @Hou
With Eli Manning erratic as a QB right now, Nicks is clearly hard to trust as a top notch starting fantasy football WR. However a matchup against a terrible Texans pass defense could easily be a one week cure for Manning and Nicks. Loaded with potential for a huge game, Nicks could rack up stats in the range of 100-150 receiving yards and 1-2 touchdowns if all goes as well as it could.
7. Greg Jennings – GB = @Was
A matchup against a bad pass defense in Washington, once again makes Jennings worthy of being a starting WR1 in all fantasy football leagues this week. 75-125 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is well within reach for Jennings in this game.
8. Marques Colston – NO = @Ari
The emergence of Lance Moore is taking a chunk out of Colston’s potential stats…right now. But looking long term, think Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie. The better Lance Moore plays and starts to command defenses attention, the less coverage Colston will face. 50-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is possible against a struggling Cardinals defense this week.
9. Austin Collie – Ind = KC / injury ? – unlikely to play
Playing second fiddle to Reggie Wayne, Collie has clearly emerged into an excellent starting WR2 in all fantasy football leagues right now. Another touchdown is possible for Collie in this game, to go along with 50-100 receiving yards as well.
10. Donald Driver – GB = @Was
As a vital piece of the Packers passing attack, combined with a matchup against a bad pass defense in Washington, Driver should be considered one of the safer starting WR plays this week for fantasy football teams. 50-100 receiving yards is nearly money in the bank, and a touchdown is easily within reach for Driver as well.
11. Larry Fitzgerald – Ari = NO
The truth is, having rookie Max Hall at quarterback could actually up Fitzgerald’s fantasy football value this week. 50-75 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is possible if all goes well.
12. Andre Johnson – Hou = NYG / injury ?
Injury questions and playing status for this game will likely linger right up until Sunday.
13. DeSean Jackson – Phi = @SF
The injury to Michael Vick instantly puts questions on Jackson’s fantasy football value and potential for this week.
14. Steve Smith – NYG = @Hou
Excellent matchup for the Giants passing attack…but it all depends on if Eli Manning shows up.
15. Dwayne Bowe – KC = @Ind
The Colts defense has just been destroyed by injuries so far this season, and Bowe could easily hook up with Matt Cassel for a touchdown in this game.
16. Randy Moss – Min = @NYJ
Toss up here with Moss this week. He likely will not know a lot of the playbook, and he will also have to contend with Darrell Revis covering him. I would look more for Moss breaking out as a Viking next week.
17. Mike Sims-Walker – Jac = @Buf
Solid matchup could have Sims-Walker looking at 100 receiving yards if all goes well for the Jaguars in this game.
18. Percy Harvin – Min = @NYJ
The addition of Randy Moss in the lineup could easily open up things for Harvin.
19. Lance Moore – NO = @Ari — SLEEPER / WAIVER WIRE PICKUP
Another touchdown is definitley a very good possibility for Moore this week.
20. Dez Bryant – Dal = Ten
21. Kevin Walter – Hou = NYG
22. Chad Ochocinco – Cin = TB
23. Brandon Lloyd – Den = @Bal — SLEEPER / WAIVER WIRE PICKUP
24. Mark Clayton – StL = @Det
25. Terrell Owens – Cin = TB
26. Louis Murphy – Oak = SD
27. Johnny Knox – Chi = @Car
28. Malcom Floyd – SD = @Oak
29. Mario Manningham – NYG = @Hou — SLEEPER / SPOT STARTER
30. Jeremy Maclin – Phi = @SF
31. Santana Moss – Was = GB
32. Michael Crabtree – SF = Phi
33. Roy Williams – Dal = Ten
34. Eddie Royal – Den = @Bal
35. Braylon Edwards – NYJ = Min
36. Lee Evans – Buf = Jac — SLEEPER / SPOT STARTER
37. Santonio Holmes – NYJ = Min
38. Jabar Gaffney – Den = @Bal
39. Mike Thomas – Jac = @Buf — SLEEPER / SPOT STARTER
40. Jacoby Jones – Hou = NYG / injury ?
41. Robert Meachem – NO = @Ari
42. Derrick Mason – Bal = Den
43. Nate Washington – Ten = @Dal
44. Danny Amendola – StL = @Det — SLEEPER / SPOT STARTER
45. Mohamed Massaquoi – Cle = Atl
46. James Jones – GB = @Was
47. Kenny Britt – Ten = @Dal
48. Jerricho Cotchery – NYJ = Min
49. TJ Houshmandzadeh – Bal = Den
50. Mike Williams – TB = @Cin
51. Darrius Heyward-Bey – Oak = SD
52. Legedu Naanee – SD = @Oak
53. Demaryius Thomas – Den = @Bal
54. Chris Chambers – KC = @Ind
55. Devin Hester – Chi = @Car
56. Justin Gage – Ten = @Dal / injury ?
57. Joshua Cribbs – Cle = Atl
58. Pierre Garcon – Ind = KC / injury ?
59. Nate Burleson – Det = StL / injury ?
60. Stephen Williams – Ari = NO
61. Devery Henderson – NO = @Ari
62. Bernard Berrian – Min = @NYJ
63. Blair White – Ind = KC
64. Earl Bennett – Chi = @Car
65. Jordy Nelson – GB = @Was
66. Josh Morgan – SF = Phi
67. Laurent Robinson – StL = @Det / injury ?
68. Brandon LaFell – Car = Chi
69. Jordan Shipley – Cin = TB / injury ?
70. Max Komar – Ari = NO
71. Arrelious Benn – TB = @Cin
72. Bryant Johnson – Det = StL
73. Devin Aromashodu – Chi = @Car
74. Patrick Crayton – SD = @Oak
75. Dwayne Jarrett – Car = Chi
76. Ted Ginn Jr – SF = Phi / injury ?
77. Devin Thomas – Was = GB
78. Michael Jenkins – Atl = @Cle / injury ?
79. Chaz Schilens – Oak = SD / injury ?
80. Early Doucet – Ari = NO / injury ?
81. Steve Smith – Car = Chi / injury ? – unlikely to play
Wes Welker – NE = BYE
Brandon Marshall – Mia = BYE
Hines Ward – Pit = BYE
Mike Wallace – Pit = BYE
Brandon Tate – NE = BYE
Deon Butler – Sea = BYE
Golden Tate – Sea = BYE
Mike Williams – Sea = BYE
Julian Edelman – NE = BYE
Deion Branch – Sea = BYE
Davone Bess – Mia = BYE
WILL NOT PLAY – WEEK 5
Steve Breaston – Ari = NO / injured
Anthony Gonzalez – Ind = KC / injured
Vincent Jackson – SD = OUT – SUSPENDED
Sidney Rice – Min = OUT – PUP LIST
Donnie Avery – StL = OUT – INJURED RESERVE