Over the past few months I have been attending the Mystical Paranormal Fair in Lexington. While there I have spoken with many masters and have had various energy healing sessions and I have to say that I loved them. I mention these to my friends and they are like, ” What are chakras, What is Reiki”. So, the next few articles are going to be about these topics.
First, what are chakras? Chakras are seven energy centers in your body where energy flows through. They begin at the top of the head and end at the base of the spine. The energy flows upward through the spine and out the top of your head.
It is believed that of the chakras are clear then the energy flows through the body and shows a circular white light. If the chakras are blocked then it causes the energy to be stuck in that area and not flow through the body. This can cause both mental and physical issues to occur in the body.
It is believed that both energy and gems can help open these chakras and balance them so that you can experience the ultimate health. Here is a list of the 7 main chakras with the color, gem and area of the body that it affects:
- Crown – located at the top of the head- spirituality and enlightenment- Violet, white, and gold- amethyst
- Forehead- third eye- center of the forehead between the eyebrows-psychic power and extrasensory world- dark blue- lapis lazuli
- Throat- thyroid issues- creativity- light blue- blue topaz and aquamarine
- Heart- love and immune system- green and pink – emeralds, green and pink tormaline and rhodochrosite.
- Solar plexus- below the breastbone- gut feeling, stomach area, etc- yellow- citrine, yellow topaz and amber.
- Sacral- below navel and provides harmony in the lower abdomen-reproductive and digestive area- orange- carnelian
- Root or base- base of spine- balance in life- red- garnet, rubies and agate.
This is just a basic run down and is no way comprehensive information. There are lots of places in Lexington to learn about chakras as well as energy healing. Intuitive Connections is one that is offering classes in November. For more information please visit their website at www.intuitiveconnections.com