I love chocolate any way it’s served, even in my coffee! Nothing quite calms that craving like brownies or cupcakes. Solid chocolate anything can be quite rich in and of itself, but when you put cream cheese filling inside of these already yummy treats, well, that’s a match made in heaven.
First, the smell will overpower you with joy, then as you delicately bite into the heavenly morsel, a tangy sweet surprise inside will have your eyes gleaming and your heart crying out for more. No one can resist this desert anytime; it’s just too fabulous!
You cannot buy anything even remotely close to this in the store, so give this recipe a try. Makes 24.
Ingredients for filling:
- 2 3-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Ingredients for cupcake batter:
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2- 1 cup milk (to reach cake batter consistency)
- Turn oven to 375 degrees to preheat.
- Place 24 cupcake paper back cups into muffin pans.
- Stir together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- In medium bowl cream 1 cup sugar and butter till fluffy.
- Stir in egg and 1 tsp vanilla till mixed.
- Stir about half the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Slowly stir in milk till smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the flour mixture till smooth.
- Spoon about a Tbsp. of batter into each cupcake paper cup.
- Spoon in 1 tsp. of the cream cheese mixture in the center.
- Cover with approximately 1-2 Tbsp. of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cool on racks.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this page. All comments are appreciated :)