Studies show that 80% of men cheat for sexual reasons. The remaining 20% of men cheat for any number of reasons. Most men admit to not planning on cheating rather it happens out of opportunity.
Some men need the ego boost or feeling of being wanted or needed. When those basic feelings of being needed or wanted are not fulfilled, that will leave men or women looking for someone to fill those needs. This is true sexually, physically and emotionally.
Some men say they have cheated because there’s to much fighting, stress and tension in the relationship. When there is a communication breakdown, it can lead to all kinds of problems in the relationship. When home life becomes to much to handle, sometimes it’s easier to go outside the relationship and find someone to spend time with.
Some men say they have cheated because their partner is rarely or never available. If their partner is to busy with work, school, household or other activities and not putting time into the relationship and meeting those physical and emotional needs, it can lead to a man finding someone that will meet those needs.
Some men say they have emotionally moved on. People don’t mature at the same rate, relationships don’t progress at the same rate for both people. When the relationship stops growing, this can lead to some men deciding to cheat to be emotionally stimulated.
Some men say they aren’t as physically attracted to their partner. Usually upon meeting someone, both sexes are trying hard to look good and attract a mate. Once in a relationship, sometimes that care of their bodies becomes less important. This can lead to one or both sexes not being so attracted.
Some men say they have cheated to fulfill a fantasy. Everyone has different needs, wants and desires. Some couples find it fun to act out fantasies and use that as a bonding time, while others don’t involve fantasies in their love making. When the man is wanting to explore his fantasies and his partner is not willing to explore those fantasies with him, sometimes he’ll go find someone that will fill those fantasies.
Some men say they have cheated as payback. The man will cheat because the woman cheated first. Often they feel they’re not being heard or feeling validated leaving them with the feeling that they have to do something, usually cheating. Most of the time this results in complete fail of the relationship.
Relationships take time and attention. Men tend to be more physical people and will find a way to get those needs met. Ideally having those needs met at home is how a relationship is to work. However, when there is fighting within the relationship or their partner seems to not be available or any of the reasons above, a man won’t wait around until their partner has the time and energy to work on the relationship, men will find a way to have their needs met. If it’s a sexual need, they may cheat if the opportunity presents itself. While if it’s a communication need, they may find someone that will listen and give them attention.
If you want to cheat proof your relationship, put your relationship first. Make your partner a priority in your life. This will create a strong bond between both of you, that will not only take you through the bad or hard times but the good and happy times, too.