A lot of women hate when men lie, but never asked WHY he lied? Women i feel need to pay more attention to that then the lie he told. Here are the top 11 reasons why men lie. If his lie fits into one of these categories, then you can get to the root of the issue quickly and figure out if its something you can work through, or if its something or someone to walk away from.
1. Manipulation or persuasion – girlfriend he just wants something from you and the truth just wont get it!
2. To get SEX! (duh!)
3. fear of you overreacting to the truth. This one is not so obvious but did you ever think about HOW you react when he is honest and forthright? maybe he just wants to avoid that reaction at all cost.
4. to cover something up you know she would not or DID NOT approve of. Like a child who stole something knowing mommy would get mad
5. to keep her in a good mood. Guys use this one a lot, claiming “I don’t want to hurt her”. He means he does not want her to hurt him! This lie is recoverable if you communicate about the issue at the appropriate time.
6. to conceal a mistake. I do this one A LOT, like last night :). sometimes we just are not perfect but we don’t want you to know that, so we lie to try to cover up that boo boo
7. To win an argument. Do i need to go on about that one?
8. To skip out on responsibility. When we want to do something that does not coincide with what we are supposed to be doing, we lie to get out of it. for some guys it deals with the kids or errands.
9. To make himself more interesting. Men do this to both men and women. They feel their like is boring so they make up stories. Hey i think the soap opera shows are looking for you!
10. To cut corners due to impatience…or laziness.
11. to hide their true (and non-manly emotional) feelings.
Men will always continue to lie but unless that is a MAJOR issue for you from your past, try to find out the root of the lie. usually its just a scared or lazy little boy who wants to avoid the wrath of a pissed off woman. And guys, there are times when lying is not essential, but the truth would not work either, unless you were very tactful about it. learn sensitivity when you speak the truth and she will react better. Then trust will be established and you can both be happy :)