Getting engaged during the winter season can be very romantic. After all, what’s more romantic than snuggling up by the fireplace with mugs of hot cocoa and a warm fire? There are many ways to propose during the winter that would not work out during any other season of the year in most locations. If you are thinking about proposing to your girlfriend during the winter season, here are some proposal ideas to take into consideration.
1. Propose during a sleigh ride. If possible, try to have the horse and buggy driver go past the location where you first met or somewhere you have shared a special moment and propose there. It can be ideal to choose a night when it is snowing. This can make for a very romantic wedding proposal!
2. Go ice skating together and propose. Outdoor skating rinks can lead to a much more romantic proposal. You can pretend to fall on the ice, but be sure to get down on one knee. When she tries to help you back on your feet, surprise her by proposing.
3. Write “Will you marry me?” in the snow. The best way to do this is with food coloring. Do it before she wakes up in the morning after a fresh snow fall. Another option is to write it on the windshield of her snow-covered car. Be sure to be nearby when she goes outside so that you can give her the ring.
4. Consider proposing on Christmas. It’s ideal to find out how she feels about holiday proposals beforehand, as some women feel that they are too “cliché.” There are many ways to propose on Christmas, but wrapping up the engagement ring like a present and hiding it as the last present is classic. Another idea is to propose beneath the mistletoe.
5. Propose during an annual Christmas tradition. Do you always go to look at Christmas lights together? Is there always a winter carnival in your town? Situations like these can make for romantic winter proposals because you’re doing something that you have done in the past, and can also look forward to doing it together every year in the future.
There are many ways to propose during the winter season. The most important thing is to take your own relationship into consideration. For example, going on a ski trip and proposing may be more romantic if you met your girlfriend through skiing or you both enjoy it. Ultimately, be sure to consider what your girlfriend will find to be the most romantic proposal before deciding how to do it. This will benefit the both of you because you’ll have a great engagement story for years to come!