Many Zerg players are looking for tips to beat Terran in SC 2, and a word of warning: it’s not easy.
There’s a reason why most of the top SC 2 ladder players take Terran and stay away from Zerg. But beating Terran in this tough matchup requires less conventional thinking for the Zerg player.
Here are some tips:
1. Have infestors for support- infestors’ fungal growth and mind control are essentials against a big army of Terran mech and troops.
Mind control tanks and thors to mess with their army composition and have infestors waiting near the middle of the map toward their base to slow down troops with fungal growth as well or to hit them when they approach your base.
2. Scout often- You have to keep ahead of Terran tech wise or they can overpower you. Get overlord speed early and scout often, or get an overseer because Banshees are always a possibility.
3. Keep them contained- You won’t be able to fight Terran head-on most times, so for the purposes of this Zerg tips against Terran in SC 2 guide, try your best to keep the Terran player to one base. Have Zerglings patrolling expansions and have side armies ready to attack. Hit them at just the right time to where you have enough forces to overwhelm them and eliminate the expansion, don’t just send a few lings because they can take them out easy before building up the expansion.
4. Have the threat of banelings ready- Just parking a few banelings near their base will force the Terran player to consider more defenses and a turtling Terran player is a good thing because you don’t want tanks bearing down on you.
5. Brood Lords are the finisher- Vikings are tough to defend against for Broodlords but hydras and enough Mutas can do the trick. Brood Lords are the best unit for breaking through the front wall of Terran bases, however.
Following these Zerg Tips for Beating Terran Players in SC 2 and things could go a little better in your next game but remember that it’s all about timing and proper macro and micro skills.