At 15 I still considered myself a child inside a protective bubble of innocence and because of that, I found myself being stepped on constantly. Of course…I didn’t realize it until later on, and by then it was too late to do something. Nevertheless, I believe that at 15 years old you should hold that innocence, cause once you gain consciousness of the good and the bad that goes on around you, you can never go back to viewing the world the same way…Ignorance truly is bliss. Here are my 10 things I wish I would have known at 15.
I wish I would have…
1. Known the true meaning of love…which is often the love for your family…unconditional love. While everyone else at school or society might love you for WHAT you are or seem to be, your family will always love you for WHO you are no matter what.
2. Not stressed out so much about the guys who didn’t notice my existence in high school…usually the cute and popular guys in high school end up over weight. Looks are only temporal.
3. That spirituality means more than religion.
4. Known how to kiss…
5. Known why guys are more immature than girls and how to deal with it.
6. Had a clearer picture of what I wanted to be when I grew up. I happened to be dexterous at many things and loved them all…but couldn’t study them all at the same time. A capable school counselor who knew the college system and how financial aid really worked would have come in handy then.
7. Stood up for what I really wanted to study in college. I ended up listening to everyone else’s ideas for who I should have been and what I should have studied when I went to college and how I should have a backup plan…I ended up studying something for 4 years that now I have very little use for. Don’t get me wrong, backup plans are good when they involve different colleges and type of degrees, but not when it’s different majors of study other than what you truly want.
8. Known that time doesn’t make true friends. Someone that has known you longer only knows more about your weaknesses. Be careful who you trust with secrets. Remember, “loose lips sink ships” .
9. Known the importance of savings. If I had saved up from the moment I was 15 till now…ahhh, this would be a different story.
10. Taken life a bit less seriously. You’re supposed to have fun when you’re young! Dream, laugh and live without paying attention to people’s criticism…most of the time it happens to be envy.
What do you wish you knew at 15?