Do you have an acne problem and would like to get rid of it? Here are some tips to help get rid of acne.
1. Wash your face – Wash your face before bed if not twice daily to remove makeup, oil, and bacteria that are on the surface of your face. Use warm water to help open the pores, then cool water to close them when completed.
2. Change your makeup -Make sure you avoid oil based makeup as this could lead to more breakouts.
3. Apply makeup lightly -Don’t just cake on to the makeup to hide acne as this can make it worse. Practice light applications and get use to less makeup on your face.
4. Drink plenty of water – Drinking plenty of water will help remove any toxins from your body and assist in make your skin healthier
5. Eat healthy – Avoid fatty foods and try to eat healthier alternatives.
6. Stay out of the sunlight and use sunscreen -The sunlight can damage the skin and make your acne worse. A tan produces extra sebum which will make your acne worse. Use sunscreen if you have to be outside.
7. Use soap with no irritants -The type of soap that you are using can even make your acne worse. Try to find soaps with no irritants in them (Neutrogena is one example).
8. Deal with stress -Stress can also cause acne. Find better ways to deal with your stress and/or get rid of it as much as possible.
9. Get sleep -Try to get about 8 hours a day worth of sleep.
10. Avoid touching your face – Bacteria and dirt live on your hands and under your fingernails. Be sure to avoid touching your face as much as possible.
11. Check your birth control or other medications-Make sure you check your medication to make sure it’s not making your acne worse.