Spring 2011 fashion is coming back to life after consecutive seasons of muted and somber tones with sparse accessories. This spring look forward to seeing vibrant colors and jewelry that places itself in the spotlight. Three major jewelry trends made an eye-popping appearance during the spring 2011 shows: necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
Spring 2011 is Bringing the Sexy Choker Back
The choker necklace is a great accent for eveningwear looks that have little or no embellishment. Some interesting styles of chokers will emerge in spring 2011 such as square chokers. Here are three of the most stylish representations of this jewelry trend for spring 2011:
– Eddie Borgo: rose-colored metal riveted choker with jeweled lock-shaped pendant
– Emporio Armani: clear metal square choker set
– Mawi: metal link choker with colored bead accents in purple, fuchsia, green and green/fuchsia
Women Won’t Mind Being Cuffed in These Hot Spring 2011 Bracelets
The cuff bracelet is an easy way to add edginess to any look. Wrist cuffs work with almost any look and designers such as Ralph Lauren made use of the wrist cuff for his western themed spring 2011 collection. Arm cuffs are great for eveningwear pieces that are worn to parties. Check out three of the best styles of cuff bracelets emerging in spring 2011:
– Aurelie Bidermann: leather arm cuff with metallic spikes and tab closure
– CA & LOU: spiral metal cuff with diamond-look accents
– Ralph Lauren: leather cuff with lock and key detail pendant – colors brown and blue
Spring 2011 Has the Drop on Stylish Earrings
Earrings are the most worn piece of jewelry in womenswear. The drop earring adds sophistication to almost any look. Bulgari created stunning diamond crusted, dropped-chandelier earrings for spring eveningwear that will make any women look like a million bucks. These three drop earrings are the cream of the crop for this jewelry trend:
– Bulgari: dropped-chandelier, white diamond earrings.
– Bulgari: dropped-chandelier, white diamond earring with large yellow-diamond pear shape stone dangling from the end
– Dannijo: dropped, burnished brass -look earrings with emerald colored stud, a fire topaz colored pendant with burnished brass-look square links hanging from pendant
These three jewelry trends are hot items for spring 2011. Don’t just limit yourself to these three styles of jewelry, there are also brooches, rings and watches that will be on hand for the coming spring season. If you like the dramatic and costume look layer on all three of these jewelry trends. However, if added style and sophistication are your goal, only wear one of these trends at a time so you do not come off looking gaudy. Browse Style.com’sAccessories Index and begin window-shopping for your favorite jewelry looks for spring 2011.