Like most people this time of year, I found myself scribbling my New Year’s Resolution List, scratching things off, editing and revising, until I was pleased with my goals for the upcoming year. And then I thought, why not make a Wish List for the New Year, a list that would contain all the things I WANT to happen for 2011 but know full well I will not get my wish. Of all the different Wish Lists I made this year, I would like to share my list of Top 5 Celebrities I Wish Would Go Away in 2011. And here they are, in no particular order:
1. TAYLOR SWIFT. I know I am going to get a lot of flack for hoping Taylor Swift’s presence will die down in 2011 but it is for good reason! Her coy act and songs about ex-boyfriends are getting old. Most singers and artists are inspired by heartbreak – is that REALLY the best reason she can come up with for people to listen to her music? Sure, we all felt sorry for her when Kanye West stole her spotlight at the 2009 MTV VMAs but that was more than a year ago with the 2010 VMA taking its place. Personally, whenever I hear Taylor Swift’s name, I feel credibility takes a nosedive.
2. JUSTIN BIEBER. I am confidant I will gain a few fans for hoping Justin Bieber will leave the face of “entertainment” in 2011, or eternity, rather. Only 16-years-old, he rivals the attention of the biggest names in the music business. I cannot remember ever being so irritated and disgusted by any young child in entertainment (I take that back: see MILEY CYRUS). The icing on the cake was the release of his autobiography earlier this year. What a 16-year-old “singer” has to tell me about life is a mystery to me and will continue to remain one for the rest of my life. Here’s to a Justin-Bieber free 2011. ::: cheers :::
3. MILEY CYRUS. I never ever understood the hype surrounding Miley Cyrus, even when she was better known as Hannah Montana. I tried to watch her Disney show a few times and could not understand why anyone would care about this forced talent with less than average acting skills and even worse performance act. More disappointing is her transition into the young adult world. She wants you to so badly believe she is a little sexpot but the result is an unnatural, sad, hot mess. Go away, Miley. Just do us all a favor and go away.
4. LINDSAY LOHAN. Is it a cop out to include Lindsay Lohan on my list? Perhaps. But until she actually leaves the pages of my Entertainment Weekly, then she is going up on my list, too! The sun has set on this once promising career. Now, Lindsay Lohan is famous for the same reason the Kardshians and Real Housewives of [Insert City Name Here] are: nothing. I sincerely hope she gets her life together and can kick all the bad habits she has in her life. Until then, I hope she and her family will quit hogging the spotlight in 2011.
5. THE KARDASHIANS. Yes. This family, is considered a single unit. They show resilience to any expiration date, year after year. And I am afraid, 2011 shows no easing of their prominence in the media. Talented? Not at all. Interesting? Not very. Neurotic Crazies? Absolutely.
As we usher in the New Year, let us hope REAL talents will enter the entertainment industry providing us much needed relief of these 5 not-so-celebrity celebrity.