A date is always nerve racking, why make the jitters worse with indecision? There is no shortage of fun date ideas, and most of them won’t kill your wallet. Many people go right for the mundane movie and dinner, but there is no time to get to know someone while sitting in a theatre, and there is nothing that makes a person more subconscious than worrying that there is food on their face. So instead, try the five unique affordable date ideas below. They will provide unforgettable fun and plenty of getting to know each other time.
1. This first date idea is both fun AND creative. Start by going to your nearest convenience store and picking up two disposable cameras. After you pick up your girl or guy for your date, take a drive to a local park with trails and lots of beautiful scenery. Every town, no matter how small, is bound to have at least one park with trails. When you get there, grab your cameras and hit a trail, making sure to snap lots of pictures along the way. No one can resist the fun and challenge of taking beautiful photos, and most people feel comfortable behind the lens of a camera.
2. The old rule of not introducing your perspective significant other to your friends till the fourth or fifth date is soooo old. Friends provide invaluable insight on the boy or girl you’re interested in, and are a good way to break the ice, providing conversation and banishing awkward silences. So for this next idea, invite a group of friends on a picnic, and have your potential crush help you make the food. Having both her friends and your friends along for the fun will make for a fantastic time. For added fun take a board or card game and get everyone involved!
3. Go kayaking!! There is nothing more fun than getting physical and showing off your outdoor skills. Any substantial sized lake will provide kayaking deals, and it is usually under $20 for a whole day of lake side fun. There is nothing duller than sitting with nothing to do, so get out and spend the day getting dirty!
4. This next idea isn’t just about having fun, it’s about giving back to your community. On your next date, try volunteering together. Any guy or girl that is worth the time of day will be down for helping others. Volunteering is free, and knowing that you are providing others with care and love will make both of you feel great. Knowing that you are contributing to a cause bigger than just a date will banish any awkwardness and give you both a chance to get to know the other person on a deeper level, in a relaxed pressure-free atmosphere.
5. For this last idea, you will have to have some imagination, and be a kid at heart! Buy two model airplanes or two model cars and spend the day racing them. Most model cars or airplanes are about $15-20 dollars apiece and will provide endless amusement all day. Being competitive is never a bad thing, and you can even let your date win a few times to make them feel better. To put a twist on it, the loser of the race-a-thon has to buy the winner $5 dollars worth of merchandise at a consignment store, where the stuff is cheap and unique.