Millionaire candy, pecan bites, chocolate turtles. Whatever you call them, these chocolate, caramel, and pecan candies make great Christmas treats. Here are 5 easy millionaire chocolate Christmas candy recipes to try out this season.
1. Classic Millionaire Chocolate Candy. To make a basic batch of millionaire candies, you will need:
1 lb. package of caramel
2 tbsp. water
3 cup chopped pecans
7-10 regular sized milk chocolate bars
Melt caramel in the microwave with a few drops of water and stir in pecans. Then melt chocolate in a bowl by placing it in a pan of hot water. With a spoon, place drops of the caramel mixture on wax paper to cool. When the caramel is cooled but not hard, dip in the melted chocolate and place on the wax paper again to fully cool and harden.
2. Coconut Millionaire Candy
Coconut can add a tropical twist to your millionaire candies this Christmas. Just add a few drops of coconut extract or coconut flavored syrup to the melted chocolate, and make the classic recipe as usual. When the finished product is still wet, sprinkle the chocolate balls with shredded coconut.
3. Extra Nutty Millionaire Candy
This variation is sure to please the nut-lovers out there. Buy a package of mixed nuts and chop into fine pieces with a food processor. Add half the package to the caramel along with the pecans and then sprinkle on top of the chocolate balls. The added nuts will give the candy more texture and flavor.
4. Black Tie Millionaire Candy
When purchasing the ingredients for the classic recipe, swap a the bars of milk chocolate for equal amounts of white chocolate and dark chocolate. Melt the different types of chocolates separately. Then, when dipping the caramel balls into the chocolate, dip half of each ball in white and half in dark chocolate. The black and white chocolate creates visual appeal, and it has a more formal look.
5. Peanut Millionaire Candy The combination of peanuts and chocolate has inspired many candies over the years: Reeses peanut butter cups, Reeses pieces, etc. You can replicate this delicious flavor by substituting chopped peanuts for chopped pecans. Also consider dipping the caramel balls in melted peanut butter before dipping them in melted chocolate.
Candies make great Christmas presents or hostess gifts at Christmas parties. Experiment with these five recipes to spread some holiday cheer.